<body>
Sunday, October 14, 2007 @ 12:04 PM



::Dance 2::
Almost one month had passed and Katherine had clean forgotten about the incident at Crazy Monkey. She attended lessons regularly and got turned down a couple more times. “I will try one last time.” she told herself as she warmed up. David said that there will be someone coming over to pick a few dancers for the shooting of MVs this afternoon. “ If I’m still rejected this time, I’ll give up.” Katherine continuously told herself.

“ Come everybody” David clapped his hands and everyone assembled in front of him. “ This is Daren Kang and he is going to pick a few of you for his debut album’s MV.” Daren flashed his killer smile and the girls ohhed and ahhed. ‘This is the guy’s friend! The friend of that guy which spilled his drink on me!’ Katherine thought as Daren continued to flash his smile. Suddenly, Daren turned her way and flashed her a smile. Katherine stared wide eyed at Daren. He seems to have recognized Katherine too and was looking at her. “ Daren, I’ll bring you to my office. Linda, get us coffee.” David said as he led Daren to his room. Katherine was still staring at Daren’s back as he walked away.

“ Do you have any dancer in mind?” David asked as he sat opposite Daren. “That girl over there.” Daren pointed at Katherine through the window. “What’s her name?” “You mean Katherine?” David asked. ‘So her name is Katherine…’ Daren thought. “She is a very poor girl…” David continued. “Poor girl? What happened to her?” Daren asked curiously. David proceeded to tell Daren about Katherine’s life. Daren could not help looking at Katherine through the glass window as he listened to David…

“Girls! Daren is going to see everyone dance and he is going to pick 7 of you to be in his MV at the end of the day.” David’s loud and clear voice rang through the studio. “ Be sure to put on your best performance! Alright, everyone take your positions. We are going to start our lesson for the day.” Daren sat down in a corner as the everyone got ready to dance. ‘ Katherine Cheng… What exactly is her personality?’

Daren paid close attention to each and every girl that’s dancing. ‘When will it be Katherine’s turn?’ he thought as he noted down the names of more outstanding girls. Finally, it was Katherine’s turn. She danced to the music gracefully. It was a very sad melody and she was dancing most beautifully. Daren was captivated. He had never seen anyone dance this well before. Katherine seem to have the power to be able to tell the audience her story through her dance. When she ended her dance with a bow, Daren could not stop himself from clapping. “This is the best dance I’ve ever seen. Bravo! Bravo!” as Daren walked towards Katherine, she felt her cheeks getting hotter and hotter and her heart pounding faster and faster. Oblivious to the murmurings of other dancers, Katherine could only see and hear Daren. It was like as if both of them were the only ones present. “ I’ve decided on the main dancer for my MV. It’s Katherine.”

As Katherine walked out of the studio, daren’s voice keep repeating itself in her head. “I’ve decided on the main dancer for my MV. It’s Katherine… It’s Katherine... It’s Katherine…” “Katherine!” Daren’s voice came from behind her. “ Katherine! I’ve been calling you so many times! Didn’t you hear me?” “ I’m sorry. I wasn‘t paying attention…” “Let’s grab a bite. I’m sure you haven’t eaten too. You must be hungry after dancing the whole day!” Daren continued. Before Katherine could react, Daren pulled Katherine out onto the streets.

As Daren ate his meal, Katherine stared at him with her big and beautiful looking eyes. “Look, will you stop staring at me already? Eat your salad or read a book. Do something, just stop staring at me.” Daren said. Katherine has been staring at him for the past half an hour and Daren felt seriously uncomfortable. Katherine lowered her head and ate her salad. “Why did you choose me?” she asked suddenly. “ Hmm?” Daren replied as he chewed his food. “I said… Why did you choose me to be the main dancer?” “I must say…You have quite a flair for dancing. You’re dancing was superb. I swear, I could feel the agony and you was trying to bring out in your dance. I can’t look away. It was as if I was hypnotized.” Daren told her matter-of-factly. Katherine blushed and stuffed her mouth with salad. This was the first time they ate dinner together…

++++++++++

“ Let me see you home.” Daren said as they walked out of the restaurant. “ It’s very late and it’s not safe for a girl to go home alone.” “Okay.” Katherine replied. Daren was surprised. “ I thought you would never let me…” “It’s not going to cost me anything. I don’t see why I should refuse. Or… You don’t want to send me home anymore?” Katherine turned and looked at Daren. “ Of course I would send you home.” Daren said as he held open the door for Katherine.

“ You recognized me didn’t you?” Daren asked as he drove his car neatly round the corner. “ It was your friend that spilled his water on me that day.” “Yes. Peter was upset and had to much to drink that day. He was sacked.” A thought flashed through Katherine’s mind immediately. ‘I wronged him…’

“ Dear diary, the most fortunate thing happened to me today. I was actually picked as lead dancer! And I got to know the name of the person that spilled his drink on me that day at Crazy Monkey. He’s Peter Lim. But what really startled me was that I’m going to be lead dancer in Daren‘s MV. Daren was the guy that pulled Peter away that day. The one that I thought would have a equally bad character. And it seemed that I’ve wronged Peter. It wasn’t that he had a bad character. He was sacked that day and was feeling upset but got drunk instead and poured his drink on me. Daren told me that peter was the sole bread winner in his family and losing his job meant that his whole family would have no source of income. I’d really wronged them…”
xiaoxi's note: hihi!!dance 2 ish out~ i hope it ish nort too boring..i promise it'll get better and better!!( hopefully!haha:] )



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2