<body>
Saturday, October 20, 2007 @ 3:49 PM



::Dance 4::
“Argh…Lemme go…Where are you bringing me?” Katherine protested as Daren pulled her into a shop. “Shush. I’m going to buy you new clothes of course. I will not let my girlfriend wear clothes made of such lousy material. It’s like a princess wearing a beggar’s clothes.” Daren smiled and said.

When Katherine and Daren finally finished shopping, Daren had already bought enough clothes to fill at least three wardrobes. “You bought too much clothes for me! I don’t need…” “You’re my princess and you’re going to dress like one.” Daren leaned over and stopped her with a kiss…

Katherine started to pack her new clothes into her walk in wardrobe. ‘I can’t believe anyone can be so rich! He can buy so many clothes for me in just a day…’ Katherine muttered to herself. ‘Is it really okay for him to be with someone like me?’ Katherine remembered Mrs Kang’s words earlier on…

Daren’s father is the CEO of a company and he is working overseas where his head quarters are. His father was strongly against Daren being a singer but Mrs Kang supported him anyway. However, even if Daren gets to be a singer now, there will be a day where Daren has to disappear from the entertainment industry and take over his father’s company. Daren’s happiness might be short-lived but it would definitely be a beautiful memory to look back at when he is old…

“Kat! Kat!” Daren shouted from outside the room. Katherine quickly went to open the door. “Yes?” “I’ve been knocking the door for so long! What have you been doing? Thinking of me?” Daren walked in and squeezed her nose. “Ouch!!” Katherine broke free from Daren and rubbed her nose. “It’s time for dinner.” Daren said. “C’mon let’s not keep Mum waiting.”

++++++++++

Katherine felt at ease and laughed along with the jokes. “Daren peed in his pants right away!” Mrs Kang exclaimed. “Mum!” “Daren looked so cute!” Mrs kang was amiable and not at all strict. Katherine can’t even remember her uneasiness a little while before. It was the first time she ate her dinner with her ‘family’. It was the first time she did not have to eat instant noodles alone in her one room apartment. It was the best dinner she ever had in her whole life. So this was how eating dinner with ‘family’ feels like…

++++++++++

“Kat! Where have you been these few days? I thought you disappeared or something!” Chris exclaimed as soon as he saw Katherine. She had come to Crazy Monkey with Daren earlier on. However, as soon as they stepped into the pub, girls surrounded Daren and Katherine was left on her own. “I was busy practicing my dance these few days. I was selected by Daren to be his lead dancer in his MV.” Katherine said as she ordered a glass of juice. “Daren?” Chris asked. ‘What exactly happened in these few days?’ Katherine pointed at Daren who was surrounded by girls and cannot get out. “Him?!” Chris looked bewildered. “These few days sure were action packed for you. You better come clean now…” Katherine started to tell Chris what happened…

“But… They are so rich! How can they really be your ‘family’ ?”Chris pondered. “Don’t you understand? You don’t have to be blood related to be family! They are my only family now do you understand that?” Katherine yelled. Daren broke free from the girls and ran over. “Kat? Kat? What happened? Why are you so agitated?” Daren pulled Katherine into his arms and asked gently. “Nothing.” Katherine turned away from Chris‘s gaze. “Look, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to agitate you…” “It’s okay.” Katherine broke off his sentence. “Let’s go home.”

Katherine remained quiet the whole way home. Daren stole glances at Katherine as he drove his car down the road. ‘What exactly is so wrong about being with Daren? He loves me and I love him. His mother likes me too. And I’m her goddaughter now! What’s so wrong about all these? Does being poor means that I must remain poor for the rest of my life?’ Worry was written all over Daren’s face as Katherine continued her endless wonderings. However, she was too busy to notice anything.

++++++++++

Daren pushed open the door of Katherine’s room gently. He could hear water running inside the bathroom. Daren picked up Katherine’s mobile phone and quickly glanced through the list of contacts. “The As, the Bs, the Cs!” Daren whipped out his mobile phone and took down Chris’s number. Just as he placed Katherine’s mobile phone back onto the table, the door to the bathroom opened.
“Daren?” Katherine tilted her head slightly. “I came to see if you’re asleep.” “You didn’t knock.” Katherine reminded. “I was afraid that I would wake you up if I knocked so…” “It’s okay.” Katherine interrupted. “I’m tired. You should go to bed too.” Daren took one last look at Katherine and opened the door with a sigh. “Good night.”

++++++++++

“Hello? Is this Chris?” Daren spoke into the receiver.
“Yes. And you are?”
“This is Daren.”
“Oh… Is anything the matter?”
“I would like to talk to you… About Katherine. Will you kindly tell me what happened earlier on?”
“It’s a rather long story… Katherine was telling me about what happened this few days and… I just thought that well… I’m not trying to be rude or something… I told Katherine that I thought you and your family can’t really become her family.”
“And?”
“And…She said that you and your family are the only ones she have now and she treats you guys like her real family. Then she just got really agitated.”
“I see… Alright then. Sorry to take up so much of your time. Good night.”
“Wait!” Chris shouted.
“Yes?”
“Please shower Katherine with lots of love. She hasn’t had much love since she was young and she has led a very difficult life.”
“I promise that I will love and protect her forever.”
“Make sure you really do that. If not… If not I’ll make sure you get hell from me!”
“I will.” Daren assured. I will be her guardian angel… And make sure that she doesn’t get hurt ever again… I promise…

xiaoxi: seriously..does anyone even read my story??o.o



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2