<body>
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 @ 4:42 PM


:: Dance 11::
Katherine finished her breakfast and went back to her room. She lay on her bed and stared at the ceiling. She could Berry barking downstairs. Katherine climbed out of her bed and opened a drawer. Her beautiful diary lay still in the drawer, in the exact position Katherine had placed it the last time she made an entry. Her hands stroked the carvings at the side of the diary where the lock was. Katherine took the book out tenderly and sat down on her bed.

12 June, Sunny
Dear diary, I met this person named David today! He was really kind. He actually wanted to teach me how to dance for free! I…
20 June, Rainy
Dear diary, I’m making a lot of progress in dancing! I wonder if I have the blood of a dancer! It seems so easy to me! I’m sure Grandma is so proud of me…
28 June, Sunny
Dear diary, why do I have the feeling that the other dancers at David’s studio is ostracizing me? Did I do anything wrong? Chris told me…

Katherine flipped and scanned through the pages she had filled. All these seemed to have happened so long ago…

8 September, Sunny
Dear diary, I spent my night dancing at Crazy Monkey with Chris. After dancing for so long, I felt a lot better. Chris…

Katherine skipped pages and opened her diary somewhere in the middle.

7 December, Windy
Dear diary, today was a horrible day for me. I was turned down. Again. I went to Crazy Monkey hoping to drown all my frustrations. Then some idiot has to pour water on me. As if I was not unlucky enough, Chris actually fought with the guy... Obviously, the guy’s friend can’t be any better if he allowed his friend to pour water on a lady…
20 January, Sunny
Dear diary, the most fortunate thing happened to me today. I was actually picked as lead dancer! And I got to know the name of the person that spilled his drink on me that day at Crazy Monkey. He’s Peter Lim. But what really startled me was that I’m going to be lead dancer in Daren‘s MV. Daren was the guy that pulled Peter away that day. The one that I thought would have a equally bad character. And it seemed that I’d wronged Peter…
3 February, Rainy
Dear diary, I am officially a couple with Daren now. I feel so blessed now. However, I also know about what the other dancers are saying behind my back. I will not take what they say seriously since the two of us are the only ones important in this relationship…
6 February, Windy
Dear diary, I’ve moved into the Kang household today. Went to Crazy Monkey with Daren and met Chris there. He said I don’t fit in… But I really like Daren! Isn’t that the only important thing! Why must we bother about all these other stuff…
12 February, Sunny
Dear diary, Daren bought me to a pet shop today. We came home with a puppy named Berry. She’s so cute…
16 February, Windy
Dear diary, I went to the studio today in the clothes Daren bought for me. Everything was ok initially. Then I overheard Josephine and Madeline talking bad about me in the shower. They called me slut… When I confronted them in the locker room, they actually pushed me! I was slammed into the lockers and created such a din. Everyone came in and…

Katherine flipped the page and sighed. That was her last entry. How long has it been since she wrote in her diary? All those happy moments she’d shared with Daren seemed to have happened only yesterday. Each and everyday is etched deeply into her mind. Katherine took out a pen from her stationary holder and started writing.

3 May, Sunny
Dear diary, it has been months since I last wrote here. So many things happened. We broke up. He fell in love with Josephine. I was overwhelmed with pain initially. But as the days went passed, the pain seem to be disappearing. I don’t know if I’m getting better or just used to the pain…

Katherine snapped the book shut. On its cover was a phrase written by Katherine quite sometime ago. ‘Sitting down, I can only admire what I like. What I want, I will stand up to achieve.’ Katherine stared at the phrase and slowly strike it out. Below the phrase, Katherine drew a broken heart and wrote a new phrase. ‘Behind every tear lies the story of a broken heart.’

Katherine returned the diary to the drawer and the pen to the stationery holder. She grabbed her bag and walked out of her room. Berry greeted her with a bark as soon as she saw her. “Good girl. I’m going out for a while okay? Take good care of the house!” Katherine patted Berry on her head and gave her a biscuit. Berry gobbled up the snack and ran to the door, wagging her tail. Katherine smiled and gave Berry another pat on the head before walking out of the house.

Katherine walked down the streets slowly. She just want to spend her day strolling and looking at what is happening around her. “You don’t care about me anymore!” A lady shouted. Passer bys have gathered around them and Katherine squished her way to the front. It was a young couple quarrelling. “Hadn’t I cared enough for you? I abandoned my work and rushed to your house immediately when you fell sick! I searched for hours in shopping malls based on your vague descriptions just to find that bracelet you said you wanted! I was the one who carried you all the way to the hospital when a motorcycle knocked into the bicycle you are riding! I carried you and ran for a good 7 miles before reaching that supposedly ‘nearest’ hospital!” The guy shouted back. Everyone is starting to point and gossip about the couple. Nobody stood forward to mediate. Katherine walked forward and pulled the both of them towards a corner. Both of them struggled to be freed of Katherine’s grip. Katherine finally let go of them when they are far from the crowd which had gathered.

“The both of you should stop quarrelling and talk things over!” Katherine exclaimed. “It’s none of your business! Don’t be a busybody la!” The girl snapped. “Don’t be rude!” The guy pulled the girl over and whispered in her ear. The girl pushed him away angrily and pouted. “You should treasure each other now because you’ll never know when you will be separated.” Katherine continued to tell them about her story and the importance of treasuring one another now. The tear rolled down the girl’s cheeks. “I’m sorry.” The both of them hugged tightly. “Everything seems to be okay now.” Katherine said with a smile. “Thank you. And I hope you’ll find your special someone soon.” The girl sobbed. They bid goodbye and walked the opposite direction. “I already found my special someone. Just that he isn’t mine any longer.” Katherine whispered as she continued walking down the street.



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2