<body>
Sunday, November 25, 2007 @ 1:43 PM


:: Dance 13::
When Daren returned to David’s dancing studio a few weeks later, he could feel strong tension. Josephine never seem to leave his side and they went everywhere together. “Ha! And she called Katherine a slut!” Lucy snapped as Josephine walked passed them with her fingers intertwined with Daren’s. “I wish I can wipe that smug look off her face!” Wendy continued. Madeline studied Katherine’s face carefully. Although Katherine tried her best to hide her feelings, Madeline who was extremely sensitive could feel that Katherine was upset. ‘I must do something!’ Madeline thought. She stood up and turned to look where Daren was. After looking for some time, she found him waiting for Josephine outside the toilet…

Josephine walked towards Daren quickly and pulled him behind her. She pushed open the door to the emergency exit and pulled Daren in. “Why did you bring me here?” Daren asked curiously.
“Answer me truthfully. I want you to answer truthfully!”
“What are you talking about?”
“Just say yes!”
“Yes.”
“Why did you leave Katherine?”
Daren was taken aback by Madeline’s question and took a step backwards.
“Why did you leave her?” Madeline continued pressing. ‘I must get an answer for Katherine! I must!’ Her mind was telling her strongly.
“I fell for Josephine. Simple as that.”
“You’re lying! I can tell that you are!”
“I’m not. I’ve to go if there’s nothing else. Josephine must be looking for me now.”
“Daren!” Madeline grabbed onto Daren’s arm tightly. Her nails dug into his skin and left a mark. Daren shoved her hand away and opened the door quickly. Madeline could only see Daren walking further and further from her…

“Where did you go?” Lucy asked as soon as she saw Madeline. “We were looking all over for you!”
“Sorry.” Madeline mumbled. “Wasn’t feeling well.”
“Are you okay?” Concern was written all over Katherine’s face.
“Yeah I’m alright. I might not be able to go shopping with you guys though. I would like to go home and rest.”
“Hey! Let’s go to her house instead!” Wendy suggested.
Katherine shook her head. “She needs to rest. We shouldn’t disturb her.”
Madeline looked at Katherine. ‘She’s so kind-hearted. Why did Daren break up with her? Poor Katherine…It’s all Josephine’s fault…That Josephine!”

++++++++++

“Daren! Daren!” Josephine shook Daren hand. “Huh?” Daren snapped out of his thoughts and answered.
“What are you thinking about? I’ve been calling you since just now!” Josephine sulked.
“Sorry. I was spacing out.” Daren mumbled.
“You were thinking about her weren’t you?” Josephine stopped walking and asked.
Daren remained quiet and stared at the floor.
“Stop thinking about her! I’m the only one you should think of! Only me! Not her!” Josephine shouted. A few passer bys were casting weird glances at them. “I’m not thinking about her.” Daren quickly pulled Josephine into his arms and whispered.
“Don’t think I don’t know. I know you are thinking about her! I know it’s hard to forget someone in such a short period of time but I really don’t like you thinking about her even when you’re with me!” Josephine hugged Daren tightly and replied softly. There was nothing Daren could say. He closed his eyes and hugged her back…

Daren could hear Katherine’s laughter as he walked into the house. “Why is there a girl in your house? I thought you said that your mother went overseas?” Josephine questioned. Just then, berry ran out of the house with Katherine behind her. Katherine stopped in her tracks when she saw who was in front of her. “What are you doing at Daren’s house! Are you trying to seduce him? He is mine now! He will never go back to you!” Josephine shouted. Berry barked loudly and bared her teeth at Josephine. “Get your smelly dog away from me! Disgusting creature!” Josephine continued to shout. “Josephine…” Daren tried to stop Josephine but to no avail. Katherine tried to hold onto Berry but she flew out of her hands and was biting Josephine the very next second. “Berry!” Katherine went forward and tried to pull Berry away. “Get this stupid dog off me! I’m dying of pain! Help me! Daren!” Josephine whined. Daren and Katherine tried to coax Berry into letting go of Josephine. Berry finally released Josephine’s leg from her teeth and ran back into the house. “Josephine! Call the ambulance quickly! Josephine!” Daren rushed forward to look at the unconscious Josephine. Katherine whipped out her mobile phone and dialed for an ambulance.

Josephine had 9 stitches in her right leg and she is not to dance until her leg is fully recovered. Katherine looked at Daren who was sitting anxiously beside Josephine’s bed, waiting for her to wake up. “I’m sorry. If I had held onto Berry tighter this wouldn’t have happened.” Katherine tried to break the ice. “It’s not your fault. Josephine was shouting then. She must’ve scared Berry.” Daren replied with his eyes still fixed on Josephine. Katherine closed her eyes and tried to stop her tears from flowing. “I’m going home first. Have to check on Berry.” Katherine said and walked out of the room. Katherine broke down as soon as the door closed behind her. “It’s all my fault… You must really hate me now… It’s all my fault…”

As Josephine was not able to dance, David had asked Katherine to be the lead dancer once again. “Serves her right! She’ll die of jealousy when she knows that Katherine is lead dancer again!” Lucy grinned happily. “But why isn’t Daren here today?” Wendy asked. “He must be looking after Josephine.” Lucy replied nonchalantly. Katherine continued to eat her salad quietly as they continued chatting about Josephine. Madeline could sense that Katherine was uncomfortable and changed the subject. “Let’s plan where we should go tomorrow! Didn’t we wait so long for a day off?” Katherine remained silent throughout lunch as the girls kept talking.

++++++++++

Daren had fallen asleep when Josephine woke up. Pain was soaring through her as she tried to sit up. She reached out her hand and stroked Daren’s face tenderly. Daren’s eyes flew open and he sat upright immediately. “Josephine! Are you alright?” Josephine nodded and smiled at Daren. Getting injured is nothing as long as she has Daren caring and worrying about her. As long as she has Daren all to herself…



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2