<body>
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 @ 3:08 PM


::Dance 9::
Daren paced along the pavement as he waited for the cab to arrive. Chris had called him earlier to tell him that Katherine was drunk. What was Kat thinking? She actually drank beer? He couldn’t believe his ears when Chris told him that Katherine finished a bottle of beer. Daren could see the headlights of the cab approaching the house. He ran forward to help Chris with Katherine. “I don’t know what’s got into Kat but I think it must have something to do with you. What exactly did you do to her?” Chris demanded as he got off the cab. “Let me get Kat into the house before asking me any more questions okay?” Daren replied as he opened the gate.

Daren tucked the duvet around Katherine tightly and closed the door gently. He walked down the stairs to the living room where Chris was waiting for him. “What happened between the two of you?” Chris demanded as soon as he saw Daren. “We broke up.” Daren sat down on the couch. “What?!” Chris turned and looked at Daren. “We broke up.” Daren repeated. “Why? Didn’t you say you’ll protect her forever? And what are you doing now? Causing her misery?” Chris said mockingly. “I broke up with her to protect her! You don’t know anything so you should just shut up okay?” Daren stood up, agitated. “Protect her? Ha! So this is how you protect her! By hurting her!” Chris too was getting agitated. “What’s going on?” Came another voice.

“Why are the both of you quarrelling?” Mrs Kang said as she walked into the living room.
“Mum.”
“Auntie.”
“Why are the both of you quarreling?”
“Nothing.” Daren lowered his head and replied.
Mrs Kang turned to Chris. “Are you Katherine’s friend? You can’t be Daren’s friend. I’ve never seen you before.”
“Yes. I was the one that sent her home earlier.”
“Thank you.” Mrs Kang sighed. “I’ve never seen Katherine behaving this way before.”
“Mum.” Daren started.
“You shut up! If not for you, she would not have changed!” Mrs Kang chided.
Chris turned to look at Daren. “What did you break up with her?”
Daren remained silent. “Why!” Chris exploded.
“I fell for another girl-” Before Daren could finish his sentence, Chris jumped onto him and held onto his collar. “Damn you! You promised me you would protect her!” Chris shook his fist angrily. “Let go…” The both of them wrestled on the floor. “Stop it! The both of you!” Mrs Kang shouted frantically. Chris released Daren reluctantly and Daren lowered his fist. “I’m sorry. But I think you’d better drop by again another day.” Mrs Kang held onto Chris’s hand firmly and led him to the door. “Sorry.” Chris mumbled before stepping out of the house.

++++++++++

Daren sat down beside Katherine’s bed and looked at her sleeping figure intently. “You’ve lost weight. You’re a lot thinner than before. And your eyes are a little swollen. Is it from crying too much? I must’ve hurt you very deeply. Katherine…” Daren caressed Katherine’s cheek. “The thick make up you put on might be able to cover how you look outside. But I can still hear your heart dripping blood inside…” A tear slid down Daren’s cheek. “I’m sorry… I’m sorry… I only wanted to protect you…” Daren wiped away his tear and stood up. “Forget me…” Daren whispered. “Find someone else… Forget me…” Daren opened and walked out of Katherine’s room softly. A tear rolled down Katherine’s cheek…

++++++++++

Only Daren was at the dining table when Katherine walked down. She wore a black halter top with shorts and she had on thick make up. Berry came running down the stairs behind Katherine excitedly. Berry had been cooped up in Katherine’s room these few days and missed the open. Berry leaped into Daren’s arms and barked happily. Daren ruffled her fur. “Get off me. I’m eating breakfast.” He placed Berry on the ground and stole a look at Katherine. She had started eating breakfast and her face was expressionless. “Good morning!” Mrs Kang sat down at the table. “Good morning. Had you rested well last night?” Daren replied. “Yes. Good morning Katherine dear.” Mrs Kang turned to smile at Katherine who hasn’t spoken a word yet. “Morning.” Katherine stuffed a piece of toast into her mouth and stood up. “I’m going out.” Daren finished his coffee and ran after Katherine. “Bye Mum!”

“Kat! Wait up! Kat!” Daren ran behind Katherine. “What?” Katherine spun around. “Are you going to David’s studio?”
“No.” Katherine turned and started to walk again. Daren grabbed onto Katherine’s arm tightly. “David is wondering why you hadn’t been present this few days. He’s worried…”
“That’s none of my business.”
“He’s very worried!”
“I’ll visit him someday.”
“Someday?”
“When I’m free.”
“When? Aren’t you free right now?”
“Look, I don’t care whether he’s worried or not okay? Let go of me!” Katherine struggled to be freed of Daren’s grip. Daren tightened his grip and Katherine grimaced in pain. “Ahh…” Katherine’s eyes were filled with tears. Daren immediately let go of Katherine. “Sorry.” Katherine turned and ran at top speed. Daren stood rooted to the ground and looked at the figure ran down the street and round the corner.

“What does he still want from me? I’ve already accepted the fact that we’ve broken up. What else does he want! I trying so hard to make myself not bother about him already! Why must he still bother me!” Tears streamed down her face and blurred her vision. Mascara was all over her face but she didn’t care. People walking past her were pointing and discussing about her. “Shut up!” Katherine shouted. “Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!” Katherine ran… And ran… And ran… Until her feet was sore from running in high heels. Until her eyes were tired from crying. Until her voice was croaky from all that screaming and shouting. Until she feel her heart being ripped into bits…

A note from xiaoxi to Shenay:
hello and thank you for reading my story! your message was what encouraged me to continue writing this story when i wanted to give up due to no people reading this blog! Thank you and i hope you'll like Dance:D

A note from xiaoxi to all readers:
hontoni arigatou gozaimasu! i will finish the next chapter soon!(Hopefully!)



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2