<body>
Thursday, December 20, 2007 @ 3:01 PM


Chapter 3
Joyce cried as she lay in on her bed. The digital clock on her desk reads 2.39am. Joyce has been tossing and turning the whole night, unable to sleep. For the very first time, she fell in love with someone… And the very first time… Her heart felt like as if it was being chopped into a million pieces and thrown onto the floor. A soft knock came on her door. “Sis…”

Joyce wiped away her tears quickly and pretended to be asleep. June pushed open her door gently and walked in. “Sis?” June whispered again. Joyce faked a snore and turned to her sides. June sat down beside Joyce’s bed and stared at her sister. She had never seen her sister so dejected before. “I will help you.” June whispered so softly that Joyce couldn’t hear her clearly. “Don’t worry. I’ll help you.” June whispered and stood up to leave the room.

----------

Joyce’s woke up with a jolt. Mrs Lim is knocking on her door. “Come in.” Joyce said as she rubbed her eyes. She felt tired and sleepy for some reason. Mrs Lim pushed open the door and walked in. “I’ve been calling you for 15 minutes already!” Mrs Lim exclaimed. “I just woke up…” Joyce’s said groggily. “Joyce dear?” Mrs Lim eyed Joyce suspiciously. “You don’t seem to be the normal you. Don’t tell me…” Mrs Lim gasped and rushed over to place her hand over Joyce’s forehead. “You’re having a fever!” Mrs Lim exclaimed. “A fever?” Joyce reached for her forehead. It felt a little warm. “It’s okay. I can still go to school…” Joyce stood up and collapsed immediately. “Joyce!” Mrs Lim shouted.

----------

“Will you help me?” June asked anxiously.
“Of course I will! Joyce even fell sick because of her.” Isabel placed a hand on June’s shoulder and reassured her. “Nothing to be afraid of. All’s fair in the game of love.”
June nodded at Isabel’s words. Under the beautiful sunset, the both of them discussed about their plans excitedly.

----------

Mrs Lim shook her head as she look at the figure lying on the bed. Joyce had taken her medicine and just fallen asleep. “Told you to confess to him earlier. Look at yourself now!” Mrs Lim grumbled as she walked into the kitchen. “Why are you torturing yourself this way? If you really like him, then go and compete with that ding dong bell! Why do this to yourself?” Mrs Lim opened the refrigerator and continued her endless prattling. “Mummy! I’m home!” June shouted as she opened the front door. “Shh! Keep your voice down! You’re sister just fallen asleep! Don’t wake her up!” Mrs Lim hurried over to remind her second daughter. June nodded and walked towards her room.

“How’s Joyce now?” Mr Lim asked when he returned home from work that day. “Fine.” June replied her father as she walked passed him carrying a box. “Let me help you with that. It looks heavy.” Mr Lim said and put down his briefcase, preparing to take over the box. “Nah, you go shower and have your dinner. I can manage.” June said. Mr Lim smiled and gave June such a big pat that she almost dropped the box. “Daddy!” June exclaimed. “Sorry.” Mr Lim grinned and walked towards his room. Joyce opened her door slightly and looked at her family. ‘They look so happy…I should just stay here. If I go out I’ll only spoil the happy atmosphere…’ Joyce shut her door gently and sat down heavily on her bed. Just then, the doorbell rang.

‘Ding dong! Ding dong!’ The ringing of the doorbell broke the silence of the night. June ran over and opened the door. “Hi. I came to visit Joyce.” Jun Wei smiled and said. “You are…” June eyed the person standing in front of her. Could he be…? “I’m her classmate. My name is Jun Wei.” Jun Wei explained quickly. June stared at Jun Wei with her mouth slightly open. ‘Oh my goodness… He’s hot!’ The sentence ran through June’s mind like a bullet train. ‘He’s hot! He’s hot! He’s hot!’ June continued staring at Jun Wei. “Err… May I visit her?” Jun Wei asked. This girl standing in front of him had been staring at him for quite some time and he is starting to feel uneasy. “I can come next time if today’s not convenient…” “No, not all! Come in!” June cut in before Jun Wei could finish his sentence. June opened the door and shouted loudly. “Sis! Your classmate came to visit you!” Joyce was about to fall asleep when she heard June shouting for her to come down. Joyce jumped up immediately and opened her door to see Jun Wei standing in front of her with a basket of fruits…

Joyce stood rooted to the ground. “OMG! Jun Wei? Am I hallucinating? I must be!” Joyce reached out her hand shakily and pinch Jun Wei’s cheeks. “Ouch!” Jun Wei exclaimed and rubbed his cheek. “You’re…Real?” Joyce’s eyes flew wide open and stared at Jun Wei. “Of course I’m real!” Jun Wei grumbled as he continued rubbing his cheek. “Why pinch me? I came to visit you because I was worried and all I get is being pinched so hard?” Jun Wei scowled. “Sorry!” Joyce managed to force an apology out of herself. “I’m sorry!” Joyce’s eyes started to fill with tears. “I’m sorry…” Joyce’s tears startled Jun Wei and the scowl disappeared from his face. “Why are you crying? I didn’t mean it… I was just joking… Joyce? Joyce?” Jun Wei placed a hand on her shoulder. Joyce pushed him away and slammed her door right into Jun Wei’s face, leaving him bewildered. “What on earth is going on?”

Jun Wei walked into the living room sheepishly. “I sort of made Joyce cry…” Jun Wei started to explain. “It’s okay. Don’t worry about her. Do you want to stay for some tea?” Mrs Lim said warmly. “No thanks. Perhaps next time. Oh, will you pass this to Joyce for me? It’s homework she has to complete. I didn’t have a chance to give it to her just now.” Jun Wei took out a piece paper from his pocket and handed it to Mrs Lim. The paper is neatly folded and Joyce’s name is printed on top. “I’ll pass it to her.” Mrs Lim reassured Jun Wei. Jun Wei nodded in reply and started walking towards the front door. “Bye auntie.” Jun Wei said politely before walking out of the Lim household.

----------

“Come on, just help out!” Isabel pestered her cousin.
“Not that I don’t want to help. But doing this… It just doesn’t feel right.” Alan replied.
“Please? Joyce’s future is at stake here!”
“Sometimes I wish I know a better way to turn you down.” Alan sighed.
“Yay!” Isabel jumped up and hugged her cousin. “You’re the best!”
“Let go off me. Can’t breathe…” Alan protested.
Isabel finally let go of her cousin and grinned happily. ‘Joyce is now one step closer to her future with Jun Wei!’

Author's note:
TRALALAS~
Managed to finish chapter 3 in 2 days=]
but i still havent decide on the ending yet.*sigh*
think i better decide on it soon.
xiaoxi.



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2