<body>
Wednesday, December 26, 2007 @ 5:17 PM


Chapter 5
Joyce jumped up from her bed. She was perspiring profusely and her pajamas clung to her body. “Why did I dream of this…” Joyce stood up and walked into the kitchen. “It’s been so long… 7 years…” Joyce poured herself a cup of milk and sat down at the dining table.

7 years ago, on that day… Jun Wei raised his hand and was about to strike Isabel when Joyce pushed Isabel away. She had returned because she was afraid that Jun Wei might do something to hurt Isabel. She got there just in time to see Jun Wei raise his right hand over Isabel. Luckily she pushed Isabel away… Luckily…

Joyce finished her milk and stood up to return to her bedroom. After the incident, she retuned home and told Mr Lim that she can’t study at that school anymore. Mr Lim sent Joyce overseas to attend boarding school and Joyce had completely forgotten about the incident…Until now… “Why did I dream about this all of a sudden?” Joyce wondered as she lay on her bed. This question repeated itself over and over her head as she drifted into dreamland again…

----------

Joyce woke up only at noon the next day. “I’m gonna be late!” Joyce exclaimed as she threw a scarf around her neck. She grabbed her bag and rushed out of her house. Joyce ran down the street towards the bus stop. “Hope I can make it on time.” Joyce muttered as she gasped for air. She opened her bag and took out a piece of bread. Joyce sat down and took a big bite out of the bread. The bus arrived just as Joyce finished her bread. She threw away the wrapper and jumped onto the bus. She chose a seat near the window and looked at the scenery fly pass as the bus move along.

As soon as Joyce got off the bus, she ran at top speed into her school. Joyce ran round the corner and bumped into a guy. “Sorry!” Joyce shouted without glancing at the person. “I’m in a rush!” Joyce shouted as she continued to run. The guy squat down and reached for the scarf on the floor. “She must’ve dropped it.” He folded the scarf and placed it into his bag. “I’ll return it to her the next time I see her.” He muttered as he walked along the corridor. “Excuse me!” He stopped two girls who were walking pass him. “May I know where is the administrative office?”

----------

Joyce reached her classroom just in time for her first lesson. “You’re pretty late today, Ms Model Student.” Betty placed her hand on Joyce’s shoulder. “I overslept.” Joyce returned her a smile. “Overslept? I thought you always go to bed at around 8? How is it possible for you to oversleep?” Betty asked and concerned was written all over her face. “You’re not sick are you?” Joyce shook her head. “Nah, I’m fine.” Betty raise both her hands up. “I give up. You’ll never tell me even if you’re sick.”

As soon as the last period came to an end, Joyce jumped up enthusiastically. “Alright! It’s finally the holidays!” Joyce shouted cheerily. Betty shook her head and smiled. “Today is the first day of your part time job right? You’d better get going then. You won’t want to be late for your first day!” She smacked Joyce and reminded her. Joyce froze and stared at Betty. “Job…?” She squeezed out of herself. “Job?!” Joyce repeated, nearly causing Betty to faint on the spot. “Yes! Your job! You went to find yourself a job a few weeks ago didn’t you?” Betty said through clenched teeth. “Don’t tell me you forgot about it!” Images flashed through Joyce’s mind. “Oh my gosh! I did apply for a part time job!” Joyce snatched up her bag and ran out of her classroom. “Wah! I’m gonna be late!”

“It‘s my pleasure to meet everyone! I’m Joyce Lim!” Joyce bowed and introduced herself. “I’m gonna start working here from today onwards!” Joyce continued with a smile. Everyone clapped and started to introduce themselves to Joyce. “I’m Nicky!” “Hi, I’m Sam!” Names started flooding Joyce. Joyce smiled and started to remember the names. ‘I shall do my best this holiday!’

----------

Joyce hummed as she counted the stock. “You seem to be extra happy today.” Nicky commented as she walked into the store room. “Really? Haha. I feel excited for some reason. It’s like as if something special is going to happen today!” Joyce finished counting and turned to talk to Nicky. “perhaps you’ll meet your Mr Right today!” Nicky laughed and walked out of the store room with Joyce. Just then, the door opened and the bell tinkled. “Welcome! May I assist you?” Joyce walked over and bowed.

“It’s you!” The person exclaimed. “Eh? I’m sorry. I don’t remember you...” Joyce looked up and confirmed. “I’m quite sure I’ve never seen you before.”
“You bumped into me in the corridors of The Academy of Fine Arts previously.”
“In school?!”
“You dropped this the other day.” The person opened his bag and took out a scarf.
“It IS the scarf I lost!” Joyce finally seem to remember. She was running late that day and she bumped into a guy in the corridors. “Thank you so much!” Joyce took the scarf gratefully. “May I be of assistance?” Nicky walked over and asked. “Is he trying to disturb you or something?” She leaned over and whispered to Joyce. “No no no! He was returning me something.” Joyce quickly whispered back. Nicky nodded and walked back to the counter and left Joyce with the customer. “Oh, is there anything you need?” Joyce smiled and asked. “Yes… I’m looking for a gift…”



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2