<body>
Tuesday, February 19, 2008 @ 5:04 PM


Chapter 9
Sunlight shone through the translucent curtains and onto the bed. Joyce slowly opened her eyes while blocking out the sunlight with her hand. I must’ve fallen asleep. It must be Wilson who carried me onto the bed… Joyce lowered her legs to the ground and walked out of the room. The house was quiet. She walked into the kitchen to pour herself a cup of water. On the fridge was a note.

Joyce,
Thanks for yesterday. I’m feeling a lot better now. There‘s some food in the fridge. Heat it up to eat if you‘re hungry. Don’t worry, I’ll tell your teacher that you won’t be coming to school today because you‘re sick.
Wilson.

Joyce smiled and pulled open the fridge door. Her smile immediately vanished as she registered what she saw in the fridge. Or should I say, what she did not see in the fridge. Joyce closed the fridge and frowned. “What does he want me to eat? The fridge’s empty!” Joyce snatched up her bag and walked out of the apartment. ‘Looks like I’ll have to grab something to eat outside.’

Joyce walked to a nearby restaurant and placed her order. She gratefully gobbled up her lunch when it arrived a few minutes after. When her hungry stomach was finally appeased, Joyce stood up and paid her bill. ‘Now where to next? Might as well make use of today to shop since I don’t have to go back to school.’ Joyce strolled along the streets and spotted a mini mart. She suddenly remembered Wilson’s empty fridge and grinned.

----------

When Wilson reached home, he found bags of grocery on his doorstep. He scratched his head and stared at the grocery. His mobile phone vibrated and rang. “Hello? This is Wilson speaking.” He answered the call without looking at the number. “This is Joyce. Have you seen the grocery yet?” Joyce asked on the other side of the line.
“You brought these?”
“Uh huh. I’ve got no choice. Somebody’s fridge is just too empty… ”
“Aww.. Thanks a bunch!” Wilson smiled at the grocery on his doorstep.
“Don’t mention it. But err… Do you know how to… You know, cook? If not the groceries are wasted too…”
“Don’t worry about it, I know cooking as well as I know ABC.” Wilson replied jokingly as he carried the bags into his apartment.
“Haha.” Joyce let out a sarcastic laugh as she rolled her eyes. “Oh, by the way, what excuse did you give my teacher for not attending lessons today?”
“I told her you got appendicitis.”
“You what?!” Joyce almost screamed into the phone.
“Uh, you bought so many stuff I’ve to go and pack them into my fridge now. I’ll see you tomorrow in school.” Wilson sensed danger coming from the other side of the line and quickly cut off the call.
“Wilson! Wilson!” Joyce shouted into her phone. “How are he hang up on me!” Joyce stared at her phone angrily. Sigh… It’s going to be difficult to explain to her teacher tomorrow…

----------

“Lau Jun Wei, I had enough of these!” Isabel shouted loudly at the man standing opposite her. “All I ask for is a bit more time with you. Is it really that difficult?”
“You know that my job requires most of my time!” Jun Wei shouted back.
“I’m really fed up of these! Looking at you think about Joyce while you’re with me, looking at you work long hours so you can forget Joyce. I’m the one you’re with now, not Joyce!” Isabel cried dejectedly. “Perhaps we’re never meant to be together… I thought it would work well… I thought I could replace Joyce’s position in your heart… Looks like I have been to foolish…” Looking at Isabel’s teary eyes, Jun Wei could say nothing against her accusations. He tried to hug Isabel, hoping to comfort her in some way, but she pushed him away. “Don’t touch me!” Isabel shouted. “I don’t want to lie to myself anymore. And you shouldn’t too… Admit it… You’ve always liked Joyce. And even though it has been so long, there’s only Joyce in heart. I’m just a substitute all these years…” Jun Wei couldn’t lie to himself anymore. He knew she was right.

----------

Joyce stepped into the campus feeling really nervous. Why on earth did Wilson tell my teacher I got appendicitis… There are many other excuses he can give… There was a sudden tap on Joyce’s shoulder. “Joyce Lim, are you feeling better?” Mr Griedel asked. “Huh?” Joyce turned around sharply and registered the image of her teacher. “How’s your flu?” It took Joyce a few seconds to finally realize that Wilson had told Mr Griedel she caught a flu and was joking with her yesterday night. “I’m fine.” She smiled and replied. Mr Griedel nodded his head as he walked into the office. As Joyce walked down the corridor, she spotted Wilson a few meters ahead of her. “Wilson!” Joyce shouted as she ran. “Whoa, slow down! You might knock into somebody!” Joyce giggled as Wilson reminded her not to run in corridors. “What’s so funny?” Joyce shook her head and she continued giggling. “Do you say that to everyone you see running in corridors?” Wilson looked at her oddly and shook his head in reply. “It’s the second time you’ve said this.” Joyce explained. Wilson opened his mouth and let out a loud “Ohhh…” as he recalled saying that to Joyce for the second time. He giggled too and reached out a hand to pinch Joyce’s cheeks. “Hey!” Joyce exclaimed and slapped Wilson’s hand away. The two of them chased each other down the corridor, forgetting cleanly about not running in corridors.

xiaoxi's note:
ahh~ it's been so long since i last updated!
i'm so sorry nehs~!!
i shall try to post the next chapter soon this time. really!!
in case some of you can't see the point i'm trying to express in this chapter, i shall explain a bit okay=]
i was trying to express Wilson and Joyce's care for each other through these small little things that they do for each other. And it's very obvious that Isabel and Jun Wei's relationship has met a obstacle!
I'm sorry if some of you think that this chapter is kinda boring..
i was trying to express these thoughts by some "daily" things and might've made this chapter boring to some.
whatever it is, i hope everyone enjoys this chapter!=]



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2