<body>
Saturday, March 15, 2008 @ 3:03 PM


Chapter 12
“What is your friend going to talk to you about?” Wilson asked as he drank his cup of latte. “No idea… She sounded pretty serious though…” Joyce said. Just then, the tinkling of the bell on the door sounded. Isabel pushed open the door and looked around. Joyce waved her hand at Isabel. Isabel turned and gasped before walking over quickly. “Joyce Lim?” She looked at Joyce doubtfully. “Yep.” Joyce smiled and reply. “Gosh… You look so… Different…” Isabel continued looking at the two in front of her. They look so compatible… And it looks like they’ve very deep feelings for each other… It’s going to be difficult separating them…

“I’ll go straight to the point then.” Isabel cleared her throat. Joyce nodded and looked at Isabel intently. “I’ve broken up with Jun Wei. I know he has feelings for you.” Wilson frowned at Isabel’s words and Joyce kept silent. “He has always buried his feeling for you inside his heart. Do you know he went drinking when he saw you walking home with this…” Isabel pointed at Wilson. “This guy during midnight? I’d never seen him so depressed before. He actually retuned home reeking of cigarettes!” Joyce appeared to be shocked. “Why are you telling this to Joyce?” Wilson ask, slightly agitated. Another guy having feelings for Joyce… Joyce’s first love having feelings or her… “I just came to tell you this. I want you to consider Jun Wei properly. I know you do have some feelings for Jun Wei still.” She stood up abruptly. “That’s all I have to say to you. The rest is up to you.” Having achieved her goal, Isabel left Joyce and Wilson sitting at the table, each thinking about what she had just said.

“Joyce…” Wilson wanted to ask Joyce to stay away from Jun Wei, but stopped himself. Joyce does not belong to me… I cannot ask her to obey such things… “Wilson, I want to stay for a bit more. Why don’t you go home first?” Joyce appeared tired all of a sudden. “Alright.” Wilson said reluctantly. He stood up and planted a kiss on Joyce’s forehead before making his way out. Joyce took our her mobile phone and stared at it. Finally, she dialed a number. “This is Joyce. Can you come out now?” “Now?” The voice at the other side seem muffled. “Yes, now.” “I’ll be there in 30 minutes.” Jun Wei said and hung up. He jumped from his bed and dashed to the bathroom. Joyce wanted to see me… She wanted to see me!

Joyce sipped her orange juice. Jun Wei has feeling for me? He actually went drinking and smoked? Jun wei… Is Isabel right? Do I really have feelings for Jun Wei? Joyce was deep in her thoughts and did not notice Jun Wei sitting down opposite her. “You wanted to see me?” Jun Wei’s voice startled Joyce. “Oh… Yeah…” Joyce took another sip at her orange juice. “What’s the matter?” Jun Wei could see that Joyce seemed uncomfortable. Why did she want to see me then? Why? “I’ve meet Isabel. She told me… She said that…” Joyce bit her lips. “What did she say?” Jun Wei asked coldly. “She told me that you have feelings for me. I… I just want to know if it’s true…” Joyce mustered up her courage and asked what she was so curious about. “So she told… What she said… It’s true.” Jun Wei looked into Joyce’s eyes. “Impossible…” Joyce gasped.

“What is Joyce doing now? Is she still at the coffee house? Or is she somewhere else? Is she alone? Or… Is Jun Wei with her?” Wilson walked on the streets, deeply in thoughts. “Wilson? Is that you? Wilson!” A girl called out from behind Wilson. “Joyce…” Wilson was so deeply engrossed in his thinking that he did not hear the girl calling him. “WILSON, LOOK OUT!!!” The horning of a vehicle pierced Wilson’s ears and finally woke him from his thoughts. He looked up to see that he was standing in the middle of a road and a car was charging at him at full speed…

“Joyce, I want you to know that it IS possible for me to fall in love with you. As long as you’re not married to that person, even if that ring on your finger is an engagement ring, I am determined to chase you back.” Jun Wei reached for Joyce’s hand and tugged at the ring Wilson had given her. “Don’t touch the ring!” Joyce drew back her hand sharply. “I guessed correctly… The ring really is from him…” Jun Wei whispered. Suddenly, a cook ran out of the kitchen looking terrified. “Help… Help… There’s a mad man inside there!!” She rasped. Jun Wei sprung up. “What do you mean?” He grabbed the cook and shook her. “A mad man… He came in from the backdoor with a lighter in his hand… I think… I think… He might be trying to send this place into flames by lighting the gas cylinder!” As soon as the cook finished her sentence, a man ran out of the kitchen. He was dragging the gas cylinder behind him. Joyce coughed at the gas released. Customers screamed and ran for the door. “Nobody move! If not I‘ll light this up now!” The man shouted. The hand holding the lighter was slightly shaking. Jun Wei dashed at the man suddenly and pinned him to the floor. “Run! Everybody!” he shouted. The man produced a penknife from his pocket. “Rawr!” The man shouted at the top of his lungs. “YOU!!!”

The cook tried to pull Joyce out of the shop. “Come out now, you don’t want to die do you?” Joyce shoved her hand away. “I can’t leave Jun Wei here!” Joyce cried. The man was trying to stab Jun Wei with the knife. Jun Wei grabbed onto the blade tightly with his hands. “He must be insane too! Grabbing on that blade with bare hands! I’m not gonna stay here. I don’t want to die so young!” The cook left Joyce and ran out of the shop too. Joyce looked at Jun Wei and the man helplessly. “Don’t fight… Stop fighting…” Tears rolled down her face and her voice was shaky. The man exerted all his strength and pushed Jun Wei off him. Jun Wei rolled across the floor and fainted as his head knocked against the counter. “JUN WEI!!!” Joyce shouted. The man ran out of the shop, leaving Jun Wei and Joyce in the shop. Joyce dashed forward immediately. “Jun Wei! Jun Wei, wake up! Jun Wei!”



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2