<body>
Friday, April 11, 2008 @ 5:56 PM


Chapter 14
“It’s been real long since we last met. Anyway, what are you doing here?” Jun Wei handed Annabelle a cup of water.
“I’m here to visit Wilson. You should know him too? Joyce’s stead.”
“Wilson? You mean, he’s hospitalized too?”
“You didn’t know about this? Nobody told you?”
Jun Wei shook his head. “Why is he hospitalized?”
“He was in a accident. You? Why are you here?”
“Hell, I don’t wanna talk about it. What I did, it’s not exactly something to be proud of.”
Annabelle nodded her head. It is just her character not to press people about things. “I’ll walk you back to your ward.” She offered. “Can I visit Wilson?” Jun Wei asked instead. “It’s not really a good timing now…” Annabelle shuddered as she was reminded of how lovey dovey Wilson and Joyce was. “Not a good timing?” Jun Wei looked puzzled again. Annabelle laughed and held out her hand. “Don’t make me say this the third time. I’ll walk you back.” Jun Wei smiled and handed her his hand. Both of them did not notice Isabel who had been watching the both of them.

“Alright, I have to go home now.” Joyce packed her things and prepared to leave. “Stay for a little bit more? I don’t want to stay here alone.” Wilson grabbed Joyce’s hand and held her close to him. “But… There’s school tomorrow. I have to go back…” Wilson stopped Joyce with a kiss. Joyce’s hands made their way to Wilson’s neck. Wilson was about to deepen the kiss when Annabelle came in. “Oh my… I’m sorry, I didn’t see anything!” Annabelle quickly slammed the door shut. “Ahh, she saw us! How embarrassing!” Joyce covered her face with her hands. “I don’t care, I’m going now.” Joyce reached for her bag and dashed out of the ward, her face as red as a tomato. “Joyce…” Annabelle called as Joyce ran pass her. “You should knock the next time you come in,” Wilson said laughingly. “My Joyce’s really shy.” Annabelle rolled her eyes. “Whatever, I rather go over to Jun Wei’s ward. At least he appreciates my effort to look after him.” Annabelle turned to walk towards the door.” Wait! Did you say… Jun Wei?” Wilson sat up straight in his bed. “Yeah. Seems like the both of you didn’t know each other was hospitalized? And in the same hospital too?”

Joyce buried her face into her palm. “Uwahhhh~ How embarrassing!” She screamed. The cabbie turned to look at Joyce when the red light came. ‘Is this girl mentally stable?’ Joyce looked up suddenly and the cabbie immediately turned his head to face the road. The cabbie slowly looked into his mirror. ‘Her face is really red. Could she be having a fever?’ The cabbie stopped the vehicle and turned around. “Miss, are you feeling unwell?” Joyce snapped her head up and stared at the cabbie. There was silence for a few seconds and Joyce suddenly gasped. She quickly opened her purse and fished out her wallet. “Erm… You can drop me off here… I don’t have enough money…” The cabbie shook his head. ‘Poor girl… So young and is mentally unstable…’ The cabbie did as Joyce requested and refused to accept Joyce’s money. “You can keep it. Poor thing…” The cabbie droved off leaving Joyce bewildered. “Poor thing?” Joyce looked at the cab drive down the street and stood there in a daze. “Is that cabbie mentally unstable or something?”

Isabel slumped against the wall. ‘Who exactly does Jun Wei like… Is it Joyce? Or that girl? Who is that girl anyway?’ Frustrated, she threw her bag against the room. “I’m Isabel! How can I let this unknown person steal Jun Wei away!” Isabel stood up suddenly. “Yes… I must brace myself up… I’m willing to give Jun Wei to Joyce, but to that woman… No way! She’ll have to fight me first!” Isabel’s heart lightened considerably having found her goal. “I’ve been with Jun Wei for so long. Our love won’t just disappear like this.” Isabel smiled as she felt herself regaining her long lost confidence. “It’s war!”

Wilson lowered his feet to the ground and moved towards the door. “Jun Wei is hospitalized too, but I do not know the reason.” Annabelle’s words repeated itself in Wilson’s mind. ‘The reason he is hospitalized, it must be related to Joyce somehow.” Why is Joyce in the hospital as well even though she was not there when the accident took place? How did she know I was hospitalized? Annabelle couldn’t have called her because she don’t even know her number. Wilson clutched his hand into a fist and knocked on the door. The door opened slowly, revealing Jun Wei’s face. “Wilson? Why are you here at this hour?”

Wilson sat down at the couch in Jun Wei’s ward.
“I heard you’re here too.”
“I had wanted to visit you earlier, but Annabelle said it wasn’t a good time…”
Both of them spoke at the same time. Wilson looked at Jun Wei and Jun Wei did the same. They looked at each other for a few seconds and turned away sheepishly. “Well… I came to find out how are you… And also…” Wilson cleared his throat and forced out the words. “You want to know why I’m here.” Jun Wei said suddenly. Wilson glanced at Jun Wei uncomfortably. “Since you’re interested, I’ll tell you then.” Jun Wei smiled and sat down on his bed. “I’m here now, because I saved Joyce.”

xiaoxi's note:
hello readers!*wave madly at whoever is reading this*
i miss my story blog so much~!!!
even though i promised to update quickly, it seems that i'm taking longer and longer everytime to update. I'm really sorry!!
this is a rather short chapter(yes i know, please don't beat me~) and i apologise sincerely! my exams are coming in two weeks time, and i might not be able to update as quickly. which means it will take even longer to update?*guilty*
haha joking aye~ i'll still try my best to update as quickly as possible=]
i'll find some time in between to type so that this story can still be updated regularly!(anyway, if i dont type for too long, my brain gets rusty... and i forget my story plot haha)
whatever it is, enjoy chapter 14!*GRINS*



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2