<body>
Saturday, May 10, 2008 @ 3:19 PM


Chapter 17
“My princess, my princess, please pick up the phone call! My princess, my princess, please pick…” Joyce bolt up from her bed and grabbed her mobile phone off the table. “What happened to my ring tone…?” Joyce stared at her phone. “My princess, my princess, please pick up the phone call! My princess…” Joyce flipped open her phone and clicked ‘answer call’.
“Joyce, what took you so long to answer?” A familiar voice streamed out of the receiver.
“When did you change my ring tone?”
“Yesterday night, when you went to the washroom. Don’t you like it?”
“NO!” Joyce shouted into her phone. “Luckily there’s no one beside me, if not it’ll really be the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me!” Joyce continued, without thinking about what she was saying.
There was silence for a couple of seconds, as Joyce waited for a reply. “Wilson?” Joyce finally realized that she had been too harsh.
“Yeah I’m still here.” Wilson sounded sad.
“I’m sorry I didn’t mean it…”
“It’s okay. Actually, I called to ask if you can come over for dinner tonight.”
“Sure.” Joyce wanted to say something else, but could not find the exact words.
“See you later then.” Wilson cut off the call.
“Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!” Joyce smacked herself hard as she repeated over and over again. “How can I say something like this without considering Wilson’s feelings?” Joyce covered her face and buried herself under her duvet.

“Should I apologise when I see him? Or should I act as if nothing has happened? I hope things won’t be awkward.” Joyce mumbled as she stepped out of the lift. “It’s nothing. Just relax.” She took a deep breathe and pressed the bell. The door clicked open, but Wilson did not open the door for Joyce. “Is he angry?” Joyce wondered as she placed her hand firmly on the doorknob and pushed. Standing in front of her was Wilson with a book. Wilson flipped the book open.

“My name is Wilson.” was written in capital letters on the first page. Wilson flipped to the second page.
“Living till now.” Joyce stared at Wilson bewildered.
“Liked something.”
“Something important.” Wilson flipped to the next page with shaking fingers.
“Now I’m really agitated.” Joyce opened her mouth to say something, but Wilson continued to flip the book.
“Why?”
“……”
“That’s because…”
“I’ve found my true love.” Joyce smiled at what the words on the book.
“I love you.”
“Will you…” Wilson gripped the book so tightly that his knuckles turned white.
“Marry me?” He finally flipped to the last page.
Joyce tried her best not to let her tears roll down. Wilson placed the book on the table and kneeled down in front of her with a box. He opened the box slowly and revealed a beautiful ring. “Will you marry me?” He sounded hoarse. Joyce nodded her head. Tears came rolling like a downpour. Wilson took the ring out of the box and slid it onto Joyce’s finger. Joyce bought her hand up and looked at the two rings on her finger. “Wilson…” Wilson embraced her tightly and started singing a song in a foreign language. Although Joyce did not understand the lyrics, she knew that the song is definitely not about something happy. “This song, is a song of separation. I wish that… We will never separate. I want to erase the word ‘separation’ from your mind. I’m really thankful that you were born, thankful that you came to this world, so that… I can love you.” Wilson whispered. Joyce could not stop crying. “Don’t cry… I really don’t know what to do when you cry. I feel helpless all of a sudden. So please don’t cry…” Wilson wiped away her tears and led her to the dining table. “Wait here.”

“I prepared my specialty today.” Wilson said and came to the table with a pot. “You have to close your eyes first.” He said and placed the pot on the table. “Open your eyes slowly when I finish counting to three. One… Two… Three…” Wilson lifted up the lid and the aroma of instant noodles filled the whole house. “Are you disappointed that it’s just instant noodles? Well… This is my specialty. The best I can cook without the help of a cookbook. I might not be so talented in cooking. But in this world, I’m really confident of one thing. That is, loving you.” Wilson looked into Joyce’s eyes. Joyce felt like crying again, after his touching words. “You know something? I don’t really care if you can cook or not. I always had the feeling that you loved me more than I loved you. And I’ve selfishly took everything for granted. Now I’m feeling really bad. Will you give me some time? I will prove that… I love you more than you love me.” Joyce said with mixed emotions. Wilson reached for a box of tissues. “You really… Cry easily don’t you…” He sniffed as he helped Joyce to wipe her tears away again. “It’s all your fault… I seem to cry a lot more easily after knowing you. Don’t you think?” Joyce broke into a smile. Wilson nodded his head and smiled too.

“We’ll have to make plans to meet our parents. You parents are in Singapore while my mother is in holidaying in Indonesia now. How should we go about doing this?” Wilson doodled on the notebook in front of him. “How about… I look for my mother in Indonesia first, and you go back to Singapore. We’ll notify our parents, and then I’ll bring my mother over to Singapore to meet you.” He wrote furiously in the notebook. “Hmm… Doesn’t seem like a bad idea. I can surprise my parents by going back suddenly, and also prepare them to meet you and your mother.” Joyce nodded her head and smiled. “I like the idea.” She grinned. “We’ll have to book air tickets fast though. If you want them to meet by this month.”
“I’ll check for tickets.” Wilson reached for his phone. Joyce stood up and walked towards the kitchen to pour Wilson a drink. “It feels good to have someone to take care of things for me.“ She turned and looked at Wilson. “Life with him will be full of happiness. I’m sure of it.”

xiaoxi's note:
YAYS~ are you guys happy?
i hope you are, because i certainly am!
looking forward to the ending now, yes?=]
i think this was a quick update. since i just posted up last week(last week?) if some of you didnt catch the chapter on Isabel and Jun Wei's day out you can always find in stories! click on fate, and then click on chapter 16(i'm sure you guys know how to do it by now)
i'll try to finish the story in Chapter 20(wonder if i can drag my story that long. or maybe it'll be too short)
whatever it is, enjoy reading!=D
btw, the song playing now is a bit soft, turn up the volumn of your speakers~



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2