<body>
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 @ 6:34 AM


Chapter 23
“Are you ready yet?” Jun Wei asked impatiently.
“Almost done!” Isabel shouted a reply from inside the bathroom.
“You’re taking too long…” Jun Wei pulled open the bathroom door and went in.
“What are you doing here… Go out…” Isabel tried to push Jun Wei out of the bathroom.
“Not going till you’re done.” Jun Wei hugged Isabel and whispered.
Isabel giggled and raised both her hands. “I give up. Let’s go.” Pulling Jun Wei behind her, she stepped out of the bathroom…

--------

“Over here!” Wilson waved his hand in the air.
“Sorry, we’re late.” Jun Wei greeted Wilson as Isabel slipped into the seat beside Joyce.
“It’s fine.” Wilson grinned. “I bet I know why you guys are late.” Wilson added when Joyce wasn’t noticing. “Joyce takes a long time to apply her make up and stuff too.” The two of them started to laugh aloud, attracting the attention of diners. Isabel looked at Joyce blankly. “Do you know what they are laughing about?” Isabel leaned over and whispered. Joyce shrugged and shook her head. Oblivious to everyone’s stares, the two continued to laugh at their own little joke.

“Why don’t we hold our wedding together?” Isabel finally got the ball rolling. “Double wedding ceremony?” Joyce toyed with the idea.
“It sounds pretty good.” Wilson commented.
“Isabel has been telling me about this ever since we came back.”
“It’s a pretty good idea actually. Two best friends holding their weddings together… I’m sure Joyce will like it.” Wilson smiled knowingly at Joyce.
“You you guys are agreeable?” Isabel said excitedly.
Joyce slowly started to nod her head, her decision causing Isabel to whoop with joy. “There’s a problem though…”

“A problem?” Isabel looked at Wilson worriedly. “Don’t tell me… You guys aren’t intending to get married after all?”
“Of course we’ll get married. It’s just that… June isn’t very supportive of my marriage. Plus, I haven’t met Wilson’s mother yet…” Joyce’s voice trailed off.
“Actually… Joyce, I received a call this morning.” Wilson turned his chair so that he would face Joyce. “My mother is coming tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow?!” Joyce sprung up from her seat. Wilson hurriedly pull Joyce back into her seat. “Yes… I was intending to tell you tonight…” Wilson explained.
“Actually, I think this is kind of better…” Wilson and Joyce snapped around to look at Isabel. “I mean, if you meet Wilson’s mother earlier, you guys can get married sooner, right?”
“But still…” Joyce sighed.
“Don’t worry. I’ll always be behind you, supporting you.” Wilson smiled and inched his face towards Joyce’s.
“Please limit cheesy scenes to behind closed doors!” Isabel stuck out her hand in between Joyce and Wilson’s face. “Hehe.” Isabel stuck out her tongue and grinned.

----------

“Wilson… I’m kinda worried about tomorrow.” Joyce leaned against Wilson slightly.
“I know what you’re worried about. Don’t think too much. You are just having a simple dinner with my mother tomorrow. Uncle, Auntie and June will also be there to support you, so don’t be afraid anymore.” Wilson placed his arm on Joyce’s shoulder and held her closer to him.
“Wilson…” Joyce closed her eyes. ‘Just let me stay like this for a bit… Just a bit…‘ She added inside her heart.
“Joyce.” Wilson spoke suddenly. Joyce’s eyes fluttered open and she looked up at him. “Uh… I have to buy something. You go back first?” Wilson placed both hands on Joyce’s shoulders and pulled her away slowly. Joyce looked at Wilson oddly, but nodded her head anyway. “Be careful then.” She reminded before walking down the street. Wilson looked at Joyce disappear into the darkness before turning towards the park…

Wilson walked into the park in search of the shadow he found so familiar. He turned around the corner and spotted June sitting on the bench alone. ‘There she is…‘ Wilson went towards the bench and sat down beside June. “It’s dangerous for a girl to be out in this dark place all alone.” June glared at Wilson and shifted herself away from him.
“Are you really that against me and Joyce?” Wilson tried to close in the gap between the both of them.
“Don’t talk to me.” June stood up and started walking to the other direction.
Wilson stood up too and followed closely behind June. “June, I just want you to know that I really do love Joyce. We went through a lot before we got together. She might be hurt previously by Jun Wei, but I can promise that I will not let anyone hurt her again.” June slowed down her walking pace and turned around. It seems that she is finally willing to listen.
“Before I met her, life was empty and meaningless. The only kin I’ve left is my mother. Then, she appeared in my life. It was a sudden meeting, but it was what started our relationship. Other than my mother, I now have another kin. That is, your sister, my fiancée.” June remained silent as Wilson continued to tell her his heart felt feelings.
“Joyce really want your blessings. Will you agree?” Wilson waited in anticipation for June’s reply.
“Silence means… Consent.” June said before she ran off.
As Wilson look at the figure of June getting smaller and smaller, his happiness brew tremendously. “She finally agreed…”

xiaoxi's note:
i'm so sorry guys! i havent been updating for nearly two weeks now!
sch has gotten me really busy, plus i fell sick again. *sigh*
the story's ending in 2 more chapters. arent you so excited?=D
please continue to supoort me, i will post up the next chapter real soon(i really mean it this time!)
xiaoxi,loves<3



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2