<body>
Sunday, October 12, 2008 @ 3:15 PM


Chapter 1: Ice Prince
“Where am I? What have I done last night?” I anxiously looked beneath the duvet and heaved a sigh of relief. “Luckily my clothes are still here…” the sudden knocking startled me. “Come in.” I sound frightened, not knowing who is behind the door.
“Missy…” it was the voice of a young girl, probably around my age too. “Master has sent me to see if you’re awake. He wants you in his study once you’ve washed up…”
“Missy? Master?” my head started to throb again. I dismissed the girl who looked like a maid and walked towards the bathroom which was connected to this room I was currently in. “Maybe a cold shower would help…”

I followed behind the maid who introduced herself as Hye Jin. She was leading me through corridors after corridors. Seriously, why would someone need such a huge place to live in? It’s awfully difficult to clean… but I guess that’s why the maids are around. Oh well… “Master is waiting for you inside.” Hye Jin knocked on the door lightly as she notified me. How great. The voice of whoever that said ‘come in’ didn’t sound too friendly. Clasping my hands tightly together, I walked through the doors that Hye Jin held open for me.

“You may leave.” he waved for the maid standing beside him to leave. I couldn’t see his face since his back was facing me, but I could locate the coldness in his voice. “You,” he spun around in his chair suddenly. “come sit here.” he walked over to a couch. My feet seem to be glued to the marble flooring, because I could not move them no matter how I command for them to. The guy was looking at me oddly, like he was inspecting a specimen. “Aren’t you going to sit down?” he didn’t sound to happy about having to invite me twice. I quickly shuffled my feet best as I could towards him, trying not to stare at his face. His face was a work of art. Flawless and… cold. Yeah, looming over him was a shield made of ice and unfriendliness.

“May I know why I’m here?” I tried to stable my shaky voice.
“Because we got married last night.”
“Oh. I see…” I leaned against the couch. It looked inviting and comfortable. “Married?!” I finally registered his words fully and jumped up.
“Apparently, the pub which we both got drunk at last night offers such services and married us.” he sipped at his coffee.
“This is a dream right? Are pubs even supposed to do this? The marriage isn’t legal is it?” I threw questions at him continuously. I needed the answers, ASAP!
Frustration was written over his face as he frowned at me. “I’m having a headache and would like for you to remain as quiet as possible.”
“Sorry…” I mumbled and looked down at my hands.
“Somehow, the pub provides services such as getting married, and yes, it is legal. They have some license whatever.” he cooled down slightly and explained. “Which also means that we are officially married in the eyes of law. This is our wedding photo.” he passed a photo over.

“What the!” I held in the last word just as it was about to escape my mouth. ‘Probably not good to curse in front of a stranger.‘ I decided. But this guy is kissing me, according to this wedding photo! On my lips! A kiss!
“They have very kindly developed a larger version of what you’re holding. Thoughtful indeed.” he pointed over to his desk. Leaning beside it was the ‘larger version’ as he puts it, of our wedding photo. My hands lose their ability to hold onto the photo and it fluttered to the ground.
“Now, now. Let’s not leave our wedding photo lying around on the ground.” the guy picked it up and laid it on the coffee table. “I am Kim Junsu.” he took the first step out to introduce himself.
“Jang… Jang Ri In.” I stammered. If not for my strong will power, I would’ve fainted.
“I know. It’s written on the wedding certificate.” he smirked.
This is a dream… yes, it is…

“No, this is not a dream.” did he have supernatural powers? Was he psychic? He saw through what I was thinking right away!
“No, I’m not psychic so don’t look at me like that. You just have your thoughts written so clearly across your face.” that’s it! He knew what I was thinking of once again!
“You… you weirdo!” I blurted out.
“What?!” he was fuming, I can see the smoke emitting from his ears. But it did not stop me from continuing my sentence.
“You’re a weirdo psychic who guessed my thoughts twice, and got it correct!” I clamped my hands over my mouth tightly. What have I just said?!

I allowed this Junsu guy to hold onto my hand and drag me about the house. I didn’t have much of a choice anyway. His strength was… like a sumo. What does he eat to make him so strong?
“I called the pub and the man told me that we can only file for a divorce or whatever at least one year from now. I wonder who on earth set the dumb law.” Junsu grumbled.
“One year?!” I starting to feel dizzy…
“Don’t you dare faint on me!” he warned. “Since we’re a married couple, I guess you’ll have to be my partner for tonight’s ball. No matter how much we detest this marriage, you’re now Mrs Kim, and will be for the next year or so.”

xiaoxi's note
how was chapter 1? ok?
ahh i'm so worried...
xiaoxi,loves.



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2