<body>
Thursday, October 23, 2008 @ 5:15 PM


Chapter 4: The Deal
Junsu left me alone at the table and went off to talk to some guys. It didn’t really matter I guess, since the only thing I am concerned of currently is my hungry stomach. As I bite into my second serving of mocha cake, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Argh. I absolutely hate people tapping on my shoulder! My grandma always told me that it was bad luck to get tapped on your shoulder. I turned around sharply only to see the rude girl from just now. What was her name again? Oh yeah, it was Tae Yeon.

“Hey, you said you’re Miss Jang right?” she emphasized on the word ‘Miss’.
“Mrs Kim. I’m married.” I had the sudden urge to throw up. Not because I had too much to eat. It was because of how revolting Tae Yeon was.
“Yeah, whatever.” she had a pissed look.
‘Success!’ I screamed happily in my mind. “Excuse me, but I’m eating right now and it isn’t very pleasant to let a person who is eating be away from her food for too long, right?”
“I just want to warn you about Kim Junsu. How much do you know about him? You’re so gonna regret.” Tae Yeon smirked. She had that look on her face… it was a superior look. What did she know of Junsu that I do not know? Before I could bombard her with my questions, she sauntered off to her partner. I wanted to call her back, but I felt yet another tap on my shoulder. Who is it now?!

“May I have the honor to dance with you?” the guy bowed slightly and reached a hand towards Ri In.
“But… I… I can’t dance.” Ri In said simply. It was a fact. Plus, she didn’t have a good impression of this guy who just tapped her.
“It’s alright. I’ll lead you along.” not leaving room for protests, he pulled Ri In towards the dance pool. “You don’t have to worry.”

It was a slow dance. ‘Probably waltz?’ Ri In thought as the guy guided her hand onto his shoulder.
“I’m Hankyung by the way.” he introduced himself. “I heard you’re married to Mr Kim?”
“Yeah.” Ri In wondered how Hankyung knew about it. Unless…
“You’re a pretty fast learner. And pretty too.” Hankyung’s compliments caused Ri In to blush furiously.
“You flatter me too much…” she whispered and lowered her head slightly. She felt shy. Hankyung moved himself closer to Ri In and pushed her head gently onto his shoulder. Ri In obediently leaned against Hankyung, pulling their distance even nearer. Ri In felt her eyes slowly closing and her body relaxing as she leaned against him. They blended in nicely into the dance.
“Excuse me, that’s my wife you’re hugging.” Ri In heard a voice demand. A very familiar voice…

Ri In felt like ramming her head her head into the wall as she thought of how awkward it was when Junsu came over. Hankyung merely smiled and passed herself back to Junsu.
“You’re my wife. Why are you smiling coquettishly at other guys?” Junsu whispered into her ear as he twirled her around in the dance pool.
“When did I ever? You psychic, stop accusing me!”
“You were blushing away, leaning against him happily just now. And stop calling me a psychic!” Junsu glared at Ri In.
“You incorrigible psychic, stop accusing me!” Ri In struggled to withdraw her hand from Junsu’s grasps. Junsu tightened his hands around Ri In’s and dragged her towards the exit.
“We’re gonna have a good talk when we get home, my wife.”

Junsu pushed Ri In onto the couch roughly and sat himself at the edge of the coffee table. Ri In yelped as she fell onto the couch. The couch was soft and comfortable before, but now seem to be rough and dangerous.
“Let me get this clear. For this whole one year, you are my wife. Your duty is to act as a good wife and mistress of this household. No hooking up with any guys!” Junsu nearly shouted.
“I ain’t deaf!” Ri In shouted back. “Who said I’ll be your wife anyway? I can always leave for home! My parents must be worried sick about me!”
“Don’t lie! You have absolutely no relatives, you’re all alone.” Junsu said in a calmer tone. “I did a quick check on you when you’re drunk last night.”
Ri In bit her lips, knowing that she has been exposed. He was right. She had nowhere to go either, having just been kicked out of her rented room. Other tenants have complained that Ri In sings to much and is interrupting their life. ‘Like that’s a valid reason to chase anyone out!’ Ri In thought furiously.
“It’s settled then.” Junsu stood up. “This is the deal. For one year, you have to be my wife. One year later, you’re free to walk out after signing the divorce papers.”

I should’ve known it wasn’t so simple. I was wandering around the mansion, yes the mansion, trying to find the room I woke up in this morning because I assumed it was my room from now on. Mega mistake. After something close to an hour, Hye Jin managed to find me in one of the many corridors and brought me to a room she said was mine. “Thanks so much, I really can’t wait to get to dreamland.” I told her before going in. She just bowed and hurried off.
“Where have you been?” that voice, unmistakably Junsu’s!


xiaoxi's note:
hellos! came back to update. trying to catch up haha :D
i'm thinking of focusing more on LD(lovelikediamond) for now, at least until it catches up with WT(wolftribe).
LD is really behind if i compare it with WT. it'll probably be better if both are about the same. hmm..
oh yeah, i hope it isn't too confusing, because i'm changing between third person's pov(point of view) and ri in's pov constantly. wanted to try it out and see if i can handle haha. do tell me if you're really fed up(or upset whatever) about it~
xiaoxi,loves.



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2