<body>
Saturday, October 25, 2008 @ 11:47 AM


Chapter 5: Accidents Never End
“What are you doing in my room?” Ri In blurted out without thinking.
“What do you think?” Junsu was sitting on the bed, drying his hair. Apparently, he was just out of the bathroom. Ri In inhaled the air slowly, enjoying the scent of whatever shower foam Junsu have been using. She felt her body becoming less tensed, and her mood seemed to have gotten better. ‘The shower foam is incredible…’
“Are you going to bath and sleep, or just remain standing by the door the whole night?” Junsu went into the bathroom and threw his towel into a basket. “I’d prefer if you take a quick bath, because you’ve been out the whole night and if you’re gonna sleep beside me like this…”
“Wait.” Ri In interrupted. “Sleep beside you? I’m gonna be sleeping beside you? You’re gonna sleep in this room with me?!”
“You sure ask a lot of questions. And whichever way you rephrase it, they still hold the same meaning, no?” an amused look found its way to Junsu’s face for the second time that day. ‘This girl is interesting.’

Ri In slumped against the bathroom door as soon as she shut it behind her. ‘I got to be dreaming! Everything’s just a dream, a really long one! I will find myself back in my rented room by the count of three. One… two… three!’ Ri In opened her eyes quickly and felt disappoint rush through her. She was still in the gigantic bathroom, with Junsu opposite this supposedly thin layer of wooden door…

‘She’s pretty interesting.’ I laid myself on the bed comfortably. “Jang Ri In…” I muttered her name unknowingly. Shaking my head furiously, I tried to clear my mind of her. ‘She’s just someone who will be living with me for a year. Not anyone important. Wake up, Junsu!’ I placed my hand over my face, palm facing up. It was a habit I had since young. I always slept in this position. Shutting my heavy eyelids, sleep drowned me immediately.

Ri In opened the bathroom door to a tiny crack and tried to peek through it. Junsu was lying on the bed, unmoving. “Asleep?” Ri In pulled the bathrobe tighter around her body and swallowed. Shuffling her feet slowly out of the bathroom, she tried to make as little noise as possible, in case Junsu happens to be a light sleeper. Ri In sat herself gently on the couch located at a corner of the room. ‘The couches here are all so comfortable… it wouldn’t lose to that bed he’s sleeping on right now…’

Junsu stirred in his bed slightly as the glaring sunlight beat down onto him. Stretching, he opened his eyes and got out of bed. He appears to have forgotten that he had just gotten married two days ago, as he made his way into the bathroom to wash up just like any other day.

“Who are you?!“ Junsu hollered when he finally spotted a figure lying on the couch, back facing him. He smacked his forehead as he remembered that he was married, and that person on the couch right now is probably his wife. He walked over and shook her body gently. “Ri In, wake up.” Ri In muttered something which Junsu could not hear in response. Sighing, Junsu gathered Ri In into his arms and transferred her onto the large and comfortable bed. “Sleep well.”

It was nearly noon when I woke up. Somehow or another, I found myself on the bed instead of the couch. “Have I been sleepwalking?” I asked my reflection in the mirror as I combed my hair. This place is weird. First a psychic, and now a weird house…

Exploring the house has became Ri In’s favourite pastime. “This gigantic mansion holds at least a hundred rooms, right?” Ri In whispered as she walked into another room. Simple decorations, yet classy. “Mistress! Mrs Kim!” Ri In heard someone shouting. Not just one voice, but there were a couple other voices as well. ‘Why are there so many people running around shouting for Mrs Kim?’ Ri In scratched her head. ‘Wait. Mrs Kim, were they referring to her?!’

Ri In immediately walked out of the room she was in. A large crowd of servants rushed up to her. “Mrs Kim, where have you been?” “We’ve been searching high and low for you.” “Master is home, and he is asking for you.” a few dozen voices started speaking at once, making Ri In’s head spin. “STOP!” she shouted. The servants stopped their buzzing at once and looked at Ri In. “Just bring me to your Master.”

Junsu was pacing about in the living room impatiently when Ri In got there. “Where have you been again?!” he sounded frustrated. “Don’t you give me lame reasons like ‘I was lost in this place’.”
“I was.” Ri In crossed her arms. “This place is humongous, and FYI, I’m new here.”
“So what do you want me to do, print you a map?” Junsu was boiling.
“That might help…” Ri In’s voice quavered slightly. The look on Junsu’s face was terrifying. Intense glare, fire within, there’s even smoke emitting.
“Fine.“ he said after a few seconds. Pointing to a servant, he shouted. “You! Get a map of this house printed for your Mistress who is new here.”
“Ye… Yes…” the servant bowed and was about to flee from the scene to accomplish her mission when she fell onto the floor. ‘Ouch…”
Junsu groaned. Ever since Jang Ri In got here, it has only been accidents after accidents.

Dinner proceeded in total silence. Ri In kept her gaze to the table constantly, not wanting to raise her head to look at Junsu who was opposite her at the long dining table. Looking at the many cutlery placed in front of her, she was lost at which to use. ‘It would be safer to just drink the water. At least I can’t possibly make mistake while drinking…’ as she reached for a glass, she took a quick glance at Junsu. He had his head lowered and was tucking in to the seemingly delicious meal. She gulped down the contents in the glass she was holding without looking at it. A cough immediately came out of her mouth as she choked and gasped for air.

xiaoxi's note:
hmm this isnt turning out to be as funny as i want it to be...
maybe comedy just isnt my cup of tea. but well yeah, here's chapter 5, please try to enjoy~
xiaoxi,loves.



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2