<body>
Saturday, October 25, 2008 @ 5:01 PM


Chapter 6: Strange Dreams
Junsu rushed over to Ri In and offered her a napkin. “Why on earth did you finish the wine in one gulp?” he patted her back profusely.
“Wine?” Ri In choked. “You mean, I drank wine instead of plain water?”
Junsu finally saw light. Ri In has mistakenly drank wine instead of water. “How was that even possible?”
“I wasn’t looking at what I had in my hands…” Ri In felt her cheeks burning. ‘Please don’t question me anymore. I might just spout out that I was looking at him, and he’ll tease me forever!’
“Just consume your dinner.” as Ri In hoped, Junsu had not furthered question her.
“One problem though…” Ri In felt her body temperature rising as she braced herself for a huge laugh that might come her way. “I got no idea which cutlery to use!”

I wonder how things became like this. I’m currently sitting on Junsu’s lap, and he had both of his hands on mine, trying to teach me dining etiquette.
“You start the outer most set of cutlery, and work your way inwards. Understand?” Junsu pointed at the sets of cutlery on my left and right.
“Okay. I think I can manage on my own from now…” I struggled to climb off his lap.
“No.” he gripped onto my hand tightly. “Might as well teach you everything now.” he placed a knife and fork into my hands.
“We’re in a awkward position.” I tried to remind him. “The servants are still here.”
“We’re doing this now all because you can’t even differentiate between your cutleries and has got no idea how to slice your food into small bite-size pieces.” Junsu sounded pissed. Of course, anyone would be pissed if they found out they got a dumb wife like me…

“Hold my hand.” Junsu offered his hand towards Ri In. “I don’t want you lost in this house even when I’m with you.” Ri In hesitated before slowly sliding her hand into Junsu’s. His hand felt warm and comforting. Ri In smiled slightly and followed behind Junsu to their room.

“You’re not sleeping on the couch tonight.” Junsu said as he walked out of the bathroom.
“You’re sleeping on the couch instead?” I stopped piling pillows onto the couch.
“What makes you think that?” Junsu sat down on the bed. “We’re both sleeping on the bed.” he frowned.
“Sharing that bed?!” I screeched and pointed to that bed which seemed so tiny all of a sudden.
“I, Kim Junsu, am not a pervert. I won’t touch you even if you pay me.” Junsu assured. Doubtful I might be, I’m starting to feel tired and the bed looks extremely inviting…

“Hubby, you’re doing it wrong!” a lady who was an exact replica of me ran past me towards a man.
“Li Yin, don’t worry. Your capable husband knows what he is doing.” the man turned around. I gasped at his face. Perfect features, exactly the same as… Junsu!
“Jun Xiu…” the lady who looks exactly like me clung onto his arm.
‘What is this? What on earth is happening… this lady looks like me, and that man like Junsu. Why am I here? Wait!’ my sight settled on their costume. ‘They are dressed like people a few centuries back. Where exactly is this place?!’

“Where am I? I want to go back…” Ri In muttered as she tossed and turned in bed. Junsu opened his eyes slightly as he woke up from the noise.
“Ri In? What’s wrong?” Junsu sat up and shook Ri In by her shoulder. “Wake up, Ri In. are you having a nightmare?” Ri In jumped up from her position suddenly, awake and panting.
“Oh… I’m back…” Ri In heaved a sigh of relief.
“You’re back?” Junsu had a blur look on his face, not understanding Ri In’s words.
“I just had a weird dream. I found myself in a rundown place, it seemed like a few centuries back…” Ri In laid herself back on the bed. “I’m probably just too tired.” she closed her eyes tightly.
“Ri In?” Junsu called again. No answer. Junsu sighed and laid himself nearer to Ri In.

***

Ri In was eerily quiet as she sat at the dining table. Normally, she would more or less have something to say. Junsu placed his cutlery gently on his plate and concentrated on Ri In. ‘Something’s not quite right. She’s having nightmares every night.’
“Junsu,” Ri In said suddenly. “We didn’t know each other before right?”
Her question caught Junsu off guard. “Absurd. Of course I didn’t know you.”
“This is strange…” Ri In mumbled. “Why…”
Junsu got onto his feet and placed a hand on Ri In’s forehead. “You’re not running a fever are you?” Ri In shook her head and pushed Junsu’s hand away.
“I just have the same dream every night, and it is seriously creeping me out.” Ri In confessed.

“A rundown place and it seemed to be a few centuries back. There’s a girl named Li Yin which looks exactly like me, and a guy named Jun Xiu which looks like you. They are a married couple, and every time the dream stops at Li Yin trying to persuade Jun Xiu out of something…” Ri In racked her brains for an answer to her dream. The weird dream.
“Don’t think too much.” Ri In’s descriptions of the dream got Junsu thinking too. “Just go to bed early tonight. You must be tired.” the dream, it must mean something…

xiaoxi's note:
a strange dream:D
the idea only came to me when i was typing this chapter, so it wasnt planned beforehand or whatever.
the dream kinda spoiled the 'comedy' part, but well..
i guess i'm just more suited for this type of dramatic plots?
hahaha :D
btw, in case you dont know, Li Yin is Ri In's chinese name, and Jun Xiu is Junsu's.
oh, and if you're wondering, no, this story ain't turning into horror~
enjoy reading! =]
xiaoxi,loves.



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2