<body>
Saturday, November 1, 2008 @ 11:15 PM


Chapter 10: Headline News
Putting on my gloves, I stood in front of the mirror, checking my appearance. Long pants coupled with a low cut blouse. Who would suspect me? A smirk came onto my face as I picked up my gun. It has been ages since I felt the toy in my hands. Once in my hands, the gun seemed like part of my body and not just an individual on its own anymore. My smirk slowly grew into a grin…

Ri In tossed and turned in bed, not able to fall asleep. The bed felt huge and empty without Junsu beside her. Sitting up, she caressed the creases on the other side of the bed. Junsu’s side of the bed. Dinner without him wasn’t the same. Going to bed without him wasn’t the same. One day without him just wasn’t the same. “Ri In, what has happened to you? Why let that dolphin boy control your thoughts and emotions? He’s just your husband for a year, Ri In! You didn’t even want to marry him in the first place. Wake up!”

It took only a single shot. Ace Killer never fails. He didn’t even realize that I’ve been tailing him since he stepped out of the company. Gathering his body, I swiped him up in one clear move. Now what’s left is to dispose of his body…

“No… no…” Ri In mumbled in her sleep. “Where is this place exactly? Why show me such scenes?!”
“Hubby, you’re doing it wrong!” Li Yin ran over to her husband.
“Li Yin, don’t worry. Your capable husband knows what he is doing.” Jun Xiu draped a hand on Li Yin’s shoulder.
“Jun Xiu…” Li Yin clung onto his arm. “Promise me this would be the last time, okay?”
Ri In jolted awake, perspiring. That dream again. It has returned. Wiping her forehead with the back of her hand, Ri In sighed. Just a night without Junsu and she gets nightmares again. Junsu is really taking over her life now…

Junsu opened the door to their bedroom gently. Their bedroom, him and Ri In’s. Walking over to the bed they shared, Junsu reached a hand towards Ri In. “Hmm? You’re back…” Ri In opened her eyes slightly and whispered.
“Yes. I’m back.” Junsu smiled as he watch Ri In fall asleep again. Stroking her hair, he removed a few strands which were falling over her face. “Sleep well…”

Ri In busied herself preparing breakfast for Junsu. When she woke up this morning, he was lying beside her fast asleep. ‘It’s about time to wake him up… maybe I should let him rest longer since he came back so late last night…’ Ri In transferred the sunny side up onto the plate. Humming a tune, she picked up the newspaper. “Kim of Tenjern Holdings missing. Police suspect murder.” Ri In shook her head as she placed the newspaper back onto the table. “It’s really dangerous out there. I’ll have to remind Junsu to be careful…”

“The money has been transferred over.” the man said gleefully.
“I will inform Xiah.” Micky said and placed the receiver back to its original position. Only three men were allowed to answer the private line in Junsu’s office. Micky was one of them. Smiling, he picked up the newspaper as he sipped his cappuccino. “Kim of Tenjern Holdings is found to be missing as of last night. The police force suspect that it is murder. However, since no evidence of murder have been found, the police are leaving it at kidnapping. How interesting…”

Ri In was about to run upstairs for Junsu when he came walking down. “Morning! Breakfast is on the table!” Ri In’s face lit up with a bright smile as soon as she saw Junsu. Junsu revealed a grin and snaked his arm around Ri In’s slender waist, steering her towards the dining room. Weeks ago, Ri In would’ve pushed Junsu away roughly. Now, she didn’t even seem to mind anymore.

Watching Junsu consume what I’ve prepared for him, my heart is filled with happiness. Blissfulness was the more accurate word for it. Although it is only for a year, I have to do my best to get along well with him too. Plus, I can sense his slowly changing character. He was always cold towards me initially. Now he even brings me out on holidays. I guess this is the real him that has been hiding under that mask all along. Did I mention that he looks really charming when he smiles?

“Yes. He is now having his breakfast with his wife.” a girl whispered into her mobile phone. “I know. I’ll inform you if anything pops up.” hanging the call quickly, she slot the slim product into her pocket and scurried off.

Breakfast was progressing amiably with Junsu enjoying what Ri In has prepared. A sudden shout from Junsu almost caused Ri In to choke on her orange juice.
“You call this coffee?! This is like plain water with large amounts of sugar and brown coloring added to it!” Junsu yelled in his high-pitched voice.
“I thought a psychic like you would need more sugar to boost your thinking!” Ri In shouted back, knowing fully well that Junsu would flip out when he hear the word ‘psychic’.
“I’m not a psychic! You know what, I think you’re a psycho!” Junsu placed his hands on his hip, face red from anger and from shouting. Ri In jumped up from her seat too and pointed a finger at Junsu. “A psychic trying to frame me? You psychic, ingrate! I took great pains to prepare that cup of coffee!”
The servants shook their head from behind the wall they were hiding at. Their masters, having their daily dose of quarreling again…

Stepping out of the airport, the handsome young man hailed a cab and jumped on. Handing the piece of paper with an address written neatly on it, the man made himself comfortable in the vehicle and closed his eyes. ‘A short shut eye would be nice…’

xiaoxi's note:
even more mysteries?! hahaha
i know i wanted this to be of light content, but yeah, i know it's getting kinda dramatic -.-
no choice, this is just my style i guess.
ahahaha :D
xiaoxi,loves.



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2