<body>
Sunday, November 9, 2008 @ 3:38 PM


Chapter 17: Phone Call
“What did TaeYeon say to you?” Junsu asked anxiously once they were in the privacy of their rooms.
“She… nothing. Before she could say anything, you guys came and took her away.” biting onto her lower lip, Ri In lied. ‘It’ll be better not to bother Junsu about such things. If I told him TaeYeon’s lie he’ll probably feel hurt. Wait, lie? How can I be so certain that it‘s a lie?’
“How about… shall we go back to the music room? We didn’t really get to finish what you brought me there for previously. I fainted and there was this big hoo-haa...” probably for the first time in his life, Junsu was rambling. Ri In find it to be extremely amusing even though Junsu did not think likewise. “Stop giggling! Why are you laughing at me?”

Ri In cleared her throat and started to sing as she pressed down firmly on the keys of the piano. “Timeless, this isn’t farewell… if we can rewind love this moment would be forever… timeless, kept precious in my heart and soul…” Junsu slowly closed his eyes, deeply in trance. Mellowed in the song, he hummed along softly to Ri In’s strong vocals. “This is timeless love…” the both of them chorused together, absorbed in their own world and oblivious to Jaejoong who was listening to them outside the music room.

“This life is the best for Junsu. He should not remember. He must not remember…” Jaejoong swirled the wineglass, staring intently at the red liquid within. The past found its way back to Jaejoong, causing him to drown the wine in one gulp in attempt to forget. “Junsu that lucky guy… I wish I can’t remember too…”

TaeYeon walked aimlessly down the street, full of thoughts and schemes. “If I can do it two years ago, I can do it again. If I can break Hee Bon and Junsu back then, I can do it again with Ri In and Junsu.” she swiped her messy hair away from her face, not caring less if she appeared ugly right now. Her mind has been fully dominated with only one mission - to separate Ri In from Junsu.

***

“Timeless, this isn’t farewell… if we can rewind love this moment would be forever… timeless…” Junsu’s mobile phone sprang to life as it vibrated on the desk.
“Timeless isn’t farewell? When did you have such a ring tone?” Micky snorted.
“Keep quiet!” Junsu snapped as he picked up the call. “Ri In? Yes… okay, I’ll buy it on my way back. Anything else? Alright, see you later!”
“Yes, I’ll buy everything for you. You are my mighty wife!” Micky mimicked and laid back into the chair.
“Shut up. When did you turn so childish?” Junsu retorted. “Has old man Micky regained his childhood personality somehow?” his comment attracted a vicious glare from Micky.

“Last spot to clean!” Ri In exclaimed cheerily as she moved the vacuum cleaner in the direction of the couch.
“Mistress, please let me do these chores instead. I don’t want to get fired for not doing my job…” the servant pleaded as she tried to pry Ri In’s hand off the machine.
“It’s okay, go and rest!” Ri In gave her the same reply. She swung the vacuum cleaner under the couch happily. Weird noises was produced by the machine suddenly.
“Something’s stuck!” the servant pulled out the machine quickly and retrieved a piece of paper from it. Just as she was about to drop it into the trash can, Ri In shouted for her to stop.
“Wait, that’s mine!” Ri In recalled the paper as the piece of paper TaeYeon threw so viciously into her face that day. The piece of paper which might tell her more about Hee Bon…

Taking in deep breaths, I dialed the number written on the paper. “Jung Medical Clinic.” a lady picked up the phone.
“Uh… may I speak to Mr Jung please?” I looked at the paper again. Jung Yunho…
“I’m sorry, but do you have an appointment of some sort with Doctor Jung? It is business hours right now and he doesn’t accept private calls…”
“Who is it?” I heard Yunho’s voice in the background. The lady started to explain to him that it was just a harassment call.
“Get him on the phone will you? I’m not trying to harass him!” I shouted into the phone, feeling wronged. What’s with that lady anyway? “Tell him I’m Jang Ri In!”
I then heard her reporting my name to Yunho unwillingly. There was a few seconds of silence before the receiver was picked up again. “This is Jung Yunho.”

“Tell me about Hee Bon. I want the truth. Was she really raped as TaeYeon has claimed?” Ri In fingered the telephone chord nervously. ’No it isn’t true. TaeYeon made up that story…’
“What…” Yunho gasped. “You… you knew?! TaeYeon told you?” there was a sound of glass breaking, followed by a few curses Yunho muttered. Ri In remained transfixed as she tried to register what Yunho just told her.
“No… what TaeYeon said wasn’t true. You guys are lying to me right? Junsu is an angel at heart, he wouldn’t do such a thing, right?!”
“I think it’ll be better for you to come over and we talk face-to-face.”

I dismissed the nurse early for today and paced up and down the empty clinic. ‘How did TaeYeon get to tell Ri In? What exactly did she tell Ri In? Most importantly, how much does Ri In know and what is she going to do?’ questions whirled around in my mind at the speed of lightning. “Why must the past return to haunt us even though it has been two long years?”



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2