<body>
Sunday, November 9, 2008 @ 3:39 PM


Chapter 18: Meeting Hee Bon
“Where is Hee Bon?” this was Ri In’s first question as soon as she stepped into the clinic.
“Follow me.” Yunho has calmed himself down and is leading Ri In into the room at the furthest end. Unlocking the door, a bedroom was came into sight.
“You live here?!” Ri In gaped at the room. “Incredible…” Yunho merely smiled as he walked to the bookshelf and pushed. The bookshelf churned as it turned and a flight of stairs was revealed. Ri In followed after Yunho cautiously, and kept looking at the surroundings. ‘This place is creepy… is Yunho bringing me to some underground hiding place or is he going to kill me off? Kill me… oh no.’

“Ri In? Ri In!” Yunho shouted at Ri In, waving his right hand in front of her. “Why are you spacing out?”
“No… nothing. I was not thinking about how this place is perfect for you to kill me…” Ri In blurted out.
“You’re pretty interesting. Good imagination is what I say. But sorry, I’m a doctor, not a killer.” Yunho stifled his laughter and pressed a few numbers on the number lock at a door. “Try not to make too much noise. Hee Bon’s pretty much recovered, but she’s still very afraid of strangers.”

As soon as Yunho pushed the door open, I received a shock yet again. Sitting in the middle of the plain bedroom on her bed was a lady. A very pretty lady. “Hee Bon.” Yunho called softly. She turned to look at us, and moved further down the bed, grabbing a pillow to fend herself. Her lifeless pupils were filled with fear. “Hee Bon, it’s okay. I’ve brought a friend. Her name is Ri In.” Yunho walked over and gently pulled the pillow away. I smiled at Hee Bon, trying to appear friendly. She did not run this time. She just sat there and stared at me. “H… Hi…” her voice was so soft that I wouldn’t have caught what she said if I wasn’t standing near enough. But a ‘hi’ was sufficient. At least, she was willing to talk to me.

“Junsu, I’m not going to be home so early tonight. Got a request.” Jaejoong tucked into his lunch hungrily. Sitting opposite him was Junsu and Micky.
“Thanks for accepting that request on my behalf.” Junsu expressed his gratitude.
“You’re not even taking up requests now?” Micky turned to look at Junsu. “That girl is interrupting your whole lifestyle.”
“I like my current lifestyle.” Junsu rebuked. “I never felt happy before.”
“Just remember your theory on love and diamonds. You’re going to get hurt if you fall in love.”

Yunho came into my room with a girl named Ri In. She looked kind enough I guess, and before I knew it, I said hi to her. I couldn’t even talk properly to Yunho whom I had known for many years, and yet I find myself opening up slowly to this stranger. However, saying hi was my limit. I’m still afraid of strangers…

Ri In stood outside Hee Bon’s room alone, kicking the wall there. Yunho said that it is time for Hee Bon to rest and he has to put her to sleep. ‘I’ve just seen her for five minutes!’ Ri In stopped her kicking and leaned against the wall. “Did Junsu really do such a thing to a girl as innocent looking as Hee Bon? Why?! Hee Bon looks like the type which will help people press the ‘alighting’ button on buses. The innocent and kind type! How could she possibly be cheating on Junsu… how could Junsu do that?!” Ri In murmured in frustration. “Why? How could he bear to… he isn’t just psychic, he’s a rapist too…”

Yunho sent Ri In out of the clinic and walked back to his office slowly. It has been a long and tiring day. “I really can’t comprehend TaeYeon sometimes, not that I want to comprehend a girl as scheming as her… but why would she confess to Ri In that she got a few people to gang rape Hee Bon? To threaten Ri In?” Yunho scratched his head and tried to settle comfortably in his chair.

Junsu looked at his watched for the nth time since he stepped into the house. “Where did Ri In go?” no servants could give a reply to his question, not even Hye Jin. Passing the red bean paste Ri In asked him to buy on his way home to one of the servants, Junsu made his way to the music room. Because of Ri In’s frequent visits, the room was now transformed into a ‘Ri In styled’ room with heavy shades of beige and pink, giving the room a warmer tone. Junsu sat by the piano and inhaled. ‘The air here has Ri In’s scent… the shampoo she uses, the shower foam she uses, the perfume she uses…’

“I’m married to a rapist! What do I do now?” Ri In continued her habit of talking to herself as she walked home. Passer bys turned to look at her in curiosity. Especially since her volume was increasing with every word she says. “But he can’t be! He doesn’t remember anything too. He can’t remember Hee Bon… how can he rape someone and forget about it?!”

Junsu caressed the keys of the piano lightly, his fingers finding their way to the right key for the song Ri In always sing to. “I don’t want to listen to your talk about giving up. Your tired heart seemed to have lost all energy. How I wish to continue hugging you. Let love continue its journey with a smile…”

Hye Jin rushed up to Ri In as soon as she set foot into the house. “Mistress, Master has been waiting the whole afternoon for you! I heard he took half day off to accompany you at home!” upon hearing that Junsu was home already, Ri In could not wait to see him. Whatever she has found out today temporarily vanished from her mind as she thought of the guy she slowly developed feelings for since the day she found out that they got married.

“Losing my ability to breath, I drift away slowly. Yet my true feelings keep wandering at the same place. Using my all to call for you, who is listening to me?” Ri In heard Junsu’s melodious singing flowing out from inside the music room. Intoxicated, Ri In walked in trying to make as little noise as possible, feeling saturated with happiness at the same time.



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2