<body>
Sunday, November 16, 2008 @ 3:29 PM


Chapter 24: Picture of You
Worried looks came onto Yunho, Jaejoong and Changmin’s faces. Junsu is here embracing Hee Bon like there’s no tomorrow, and yet his wife is at home choosing to believe in him, choosing to love him. Hee Bon clung onto Junsu, crying hard on his shoulder. “Hye Jin left… I’m alone again…”
“No you’re not. We’re all here for you.” Junsu ran his fingers through Hee Bon’s silky hair. “I’m here.”

“Hee Bon, let’s go to my place. I’ve something prepared for you two years ago, but never got the chance to give it to you.” I held onto her hand constantly. I know she would break down again if I let go of her hand. I guess this is the aftereffects of getting gang raped. How did she spend these two years inside a underground ward, cut off from the outside world totally? And how could I forget her…

Jaejoong snuck a look at the mirror as he drove. Hee Bon had her head rested comfortably on Junsu’s lap, and Junsu was whispering into her ear every now and then. “You probably don’t recognize the streets anymore. Two years…” Junsu bent down and whispered to Hee Bon who nodded in reply. Jaejoong sighed. ‘Ri In is so going to freak out when she sees the both of them.’

“Yunho, what should we do now?” Changmin finally had his mind off food for once. “Should we inform Ri In first?”
“Good idea.” Yunho picked up his phone and dialed for Kim Residence. “Ri In? This is Yunho. I’ve got something to tell you…”

Ri In dropped the receiver onto the ground just as Junsu walked into the house. Her shocked face grew ashen when she saw Junsu’s hand entwined with Hee Bon’s. The servants rushed forward to greet them, some murmuring. Jaejoong walked over to Ri In and picked up the receiver by her feet. He replaced the receiver and placed a hand on Ri In’s shoulder. What can he promise her? Assurance that Junsu still loves her? He doesn’t know too.

Leaving Hee Bon in the living room with Ri In and Jaejoong, Junsu ran upstairs. The atmosphere grew really awkward as Hee Bon eyed Ri In. ‘Why is she here? Why are the servants calling her Mistress? She doesn’t seem like Jaejoong’s wife… unless it’s…’
“Hee Bon, would you like tea?” Ri In tried to strike up a conversation.
“Yes, please.” Hee Bon replied politely. ‘I think my answer is confirmed. She is Junsu’s wife…’

“Hee Bon, I know you’ve been through a lot this two years…” Jaejoong started. “Ri In is…”
“I know. She is Junsu’s wife, am I right?” Hee Bon smiled at Jaejoong. “I will respect his decision. After all, he cannot wait for a girl like me to recover for a whole two years. I understand when he did not even visit me for a single time.” Hee Bon lowered her head.
“No, you’ve mistaken! Junsu… when he found out about you, he got so agitated and fainted. He didn’t wake up at all. For a whole month, he was in coma. When he finally woke up, he remembered everything, everything but you. You’ve ceased to exist in his memory. We didn’t have the heart to tell him. We thought it’ll be better if he didn’t remember…”
“And now, all this mistakes wouldn’t have occurred if you guys told him the truth in the first place!”

Ri In is fuming mad. She slammed the teacup onto the table and glared at Jaejoong. “If only you guys told him, things wouldn’t be like this now! What do you want me to do now? What can I do? Now he recovered his memories, what am I?” Ri In felt her lips quavering.
“Ri In…” Hee Bon stood up and walked towards Ri In.
“You are Junsu’s love. Not me…” Ri In took a few steps back. “You are the one he needs!” enough said, Ri In ran upstairs.
“She has misunderstood… why are there so many misunderstandings?” Hee Bon sighed. “Why doesn’t she understand that Junsu loves only her now? Junsu doesn’t treat me the same anymore, I can feel it. It’s just brotherly love he has for me…”

Wallowing in sadness, I plastered a smile of self-pity across my face. I knew from the very start that this marriage wasn’t meant to be. It wasn’t our wish to get married to each other, we did not love each other. This marriage is a mistake. An irreversible one. Unless something happens, that is. Unless someone leaves this complicated love triangle… Hee Bon and Junsu would be able to live happily in each others company then.

Running down the stairs excitedly, Junsu shouted Hee Bon’s name. “Where’s Ri In?” he stopped to look at Jaejoong.
“Glad you still remember her. She…” Jaejoong wanted to tell Junsu that Ri In has ran off to hide in their room.
“It’s okay. Hee Bon, follow me quickly!” Junsu grabbed Hee Bon’s hand and pulled her upstairs. Jaejoong stood momentarily stunned at his position. Did Junsu just say it’s okay? He didn’t haven’t even finished his sentence! That rascal, he’s going to regret it if Ri In does something stupid.

“I wrote this song just for you two years ago. Let me play it for you. It's named Picture of You.” Junsu sat down at the piano and rearranged the music scores in front of him. Slowly, he begun the melody of happiness written by him two years ago. Ri In who was pulling her luggage behind her walked past the music room the exact moment he started singing. Stopping in her tracks, she leaned closer to the slightly ajar door. Junsu was singing a song, but it wasn’t meant for her…



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2