<body>
Sunday, February 22, 2009 @ 9:57 AM




Chapter 9: A Change
Suggested song/music: One Person - Chaeyeon
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWl4dLZkL1c)
===

“Mummy, Ye Seul wants a hug… why won’t you hug me anymore?” Ye Seul mumbled in her sleep. Yoochun sighed as he carried her out of the club on piggyback. “You’re even talking in your sleep. Are you having a dream?” Ye Seul seemed to have said something in reply, but it was too fast for Yoochun to catch what she said. Ye Seul’s arms hung limply around Yoochun’s neck and she laid her head on his shoulder, in deep slumber. “I wonder why do I always end up with a drunk you? Whatever it is, rest well, everything would be better after a nap.”

Assuring Junsu that I would be alright with my father at home, I cast nervous glances at my father’s sleeping figure. He seems to be waking up soon, and I don’t want Junsu to be around to witness how rough and vulgar my father can be when he just woke up. Junsu eventually gave in and left after giving me a peck on the cheek. Thank goodness he left while I still have everything under control. I can’t imagine what would happen next. Leaning against the gate, I stared at the road Junsu disappeared down. Suddenly, I felt someone breathing hot air against my neck. Spinning around, I come face to face with none other than my father…

“Li Yin, why don’t you let me stay and protect you? Do you think I can’t see how nervous you are?” Junsu muttered as he got into his car. Starting the car engine, he fought back any bad thoughts that whirled about in his mind. It is driving him insane. The monitor in his car beeped and a face came onto the screen at Junsu’s touch. “Yes, Mr Kang?” Junsu greeted with a slight smile.
“Young master, you’ve skipped your etiquette lessons for a week now. Master and Madam are furious…” Mr Han’s voice trailed off.
“I understand. I’ll go for my lessons now.” Junsu was about to shut down the monitor when his assistant interrupted him.
“Also, remember that you have a business party to attend with Master and Madam tonight. It is held by the prestigious Jang Industry.” Junsu nodded and clicked the off button on the monitor. Shutting his eyes tightly, he has a feeling that it’s going to be a long night tonight.

Yoochun chuckled at the sight of Ye Seul’s flabbergasted servants as they helped their drunk mistress to her room. “Ye Seul, what have you done to yourself?! We’ve a business party to attend! This child…” Mrs Han’s shrieks attracted Yoochun’s attention. Putting on his best smile, he walked over confidently and bent forward to bring Mrs Han’s hand to his lips. “Good Evening, Mrs Han. I’m a friend of Ye Seul. Pardon my boldness, but do you look so beautiful and elegant everyday?” his words caused Mrs Han to blush furiously. Smiling at him, Mrs Han brought Yoochun to the living room. “You’re a fine young man. I’m glad Ye Seul is finally starting to work on her future. You’ll stay for dinner, won’t you? I doubt we can make it to any business parties now that Ye Seul is drunk.” Yoochun nodded delightedly. Being able to stay for dinner with Ye Seul, he couldn’t ask for more.

“Your little goldmine went home?” Zhang Xiong sneered. Li Yin ignored him and went to get the teapot set to the kitchen. “How much do you think you’re worth? Will he give me $10,000,000 for you? Is it too much? Or too little?” Zhang Xiong clasped his hands together. Li Yin glared at her father angrily. “You not fit to be my father. I have no idea why Ma chose you over my biological father. But let me tell you this, you will not get a single cent from Junsu!” Li Yin shouted through gritted teeth. Zhang Xiong raised his right palm to hit Li Yin but thought better of it. Lowering his hand, he gave Li Yin a grin which sent shivers down her spine. Running into the house, Li Yin quickly got her bag and escaped from the place.

Smoothing the wrinkles in her Sailormoon uniform, Li Yin found new liking to her work attire. She even tied her hair into two ponytails to better suit the ‘cute’ image. Lady boss gawked at her sudden change in character. “Zhang Li Yin, you’re not running a fever are you?” Li Yin laughed and shook her head. Leaving her lady boss standing by the worker’s room, Li Yin rushed over to the customer who is waiting at the counter. “Good day, sir. Would you like anything else to go with that cake?”

“You’re cute.” he smiled at her sweetly. “I’m Hankyung. Any chance of being your friend?”
“You probably don’t need a friend like me.” Li Yin replied with the corners of her lips going up slightly. Hankyung squinted his eyes and looked intently at Li Yin’s chest area. Li Yin stared at him horrified and placed both arms protectively around herself. “You pervert, what are you looking at?!”
“You’ve mistaken, Li Yin. I was reading your nametag.” Hankyung pointed at her laughingly. “You’re Chinese too? Ni hao (hello), I’m Han Geng!”
“You’re Chinese?!” Li Yin forgotten about the misunderstanding instantly and opened up to this new friend she just got acquainted with.

“Son, surely you have to be more interested in this party?” Mrs Kim said through her fake smile. Junsu brushed his hair away from his face and shrugged. The girls around kept throwing him flirtatious glances, making him feel uncomfortable. “I’m no more comfortable than you are, mom.” Junsu turned his head from the girls, about to throw up his dinner any minute.
“What are you talking about? I’m enjoying the party.” Mrs Kim retorted.
“Mom, you sure about that? Dad went off to discuss business deals and left you standing around. Surely you’re not enjoying the party, you have it on your face.”
“You little imp! Go to your dad and learn a trick or two about business! You’ve to take over the company in the future, it’s best you build your connection now.” Mrs Kim pushed Junsu lightly towards his father’s direction. Though reluctant, Junsu followed his mother’s orders and greeted the group with the forced smile he plastered across his charming face.



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2