<body>
Sunday, February 22, 2009 @ 10:06 AM




Chapter 19: Love is Selfish
Suggested song/music: Thank You for your Gentleness - SHE and Fahrenheit
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9LCx3wWS_U)
===
“Li Yin, congratulate me!” Ye Seul chirped into her phone.
“Why?” Li Yin sounded surprised by Ye Seul’s request. “Did something good happen?”
“I’m getting married to Yoochun. Isn’t this good news?” Ye Seul eyed the man grinning at her.
“Are you serious?! Congratulations! How did it happen?!” Li Yin shouted excitedly. Yoochun stifled his laughter as he watched his fiancée talk to her best friend about her marriage plans. ’I can’t believe I’m actually settling down… Park Yoochun, getting married…’

***

“Why did Junsu ask me to wear my hair in two ponytails today? And he specifically asked for me to wear my Sailormoon costume too… he’s not going to make a joke out of me, is he?” Li Yin patted the clown hairclip she’d pinned on her hair this morning as she waited patiently for Junsu to arrive. A few boys started whistling at her as they walked past. Shifting her weight onto her other foot, Li Yin tried to divert her attention onto the passing by cars, keeping a lookout for Junsu’s convertible. “Junsu, why aren’t you here yet?”

“Young Master, are you certain about this?” although Mr Kang head his eyes on the road, his mind is full of the problems Junsu is facing right now. Junsu’s throat produced something low and muffled which sounded like a ‘mm’. “But Young Master, you’ll break her heart. Isn’t that the last thing you want to happen to her?”
“I can’t help it. I have to leave, I know I must. Yet, I can’t bring myself to tell her. To Hell with the ‘find someone better than me’! I don’t want her to fall for anyone else!” Junsu nearly shouted at his assistant.
“Young Master… that’s selfish.” Mr Kan said gently.
“But then again, isn’t love itself something which is selfish?” Junsu said with a bitter smile on his face.

“Young Master, enjoy your day.” Mr Kang bowed to Junsu and Li Yin. Not knowing what she should do, Li Yin returned the bow cutely, causing Junsu to burst out in laughter. Looking at how carefree his Young Master is when he is around the Li Yin girl, Mr Kang finally realized why it is so hard for Junsu to leave her. She might be a plain Jane, but it’s also her innocence and naïve-ness which is so charming and attractive. He pitied the girl. “Miss Li Yin, have a good day ahead.” he said sincerely. Slightly taken aback by the well wishing, Li Yin bowed again and stuttered on her thanks. Junsu erupted in more laughter, his neck red from laughing. The corners of Mr Kang’s lips went up so slightly it was hardly noticeable. Even though so, it was still a smile. A smile which represent how approving the strict Mr Kang is for Li Yin.

“Li Yin, lets take pictures today!” Junsu produced a Polaroid and snapped a picture of Li Yin before she could react. Gasping, Li Yin tried to snatch the camera from Junsu’s hands. “You don’t take my pictures without permission!” Standing on her tip toes, Li Yin tried desperately to reach for the camera and the picture. Making full use of the chance Li Yin is leaning against him, Junsu lowered his arms around her waist and kissed her. Li Yin’s eyes grew wide as she registered what is happening. Slowly, her eyelids fell and closed tightly as she slid her arms around Junsu as well…

----------
Foolish humans, why are you so stubborn in your love? If you do this to yourself, you will only hurt yourself and the one you love. Don’t blame me for not granting happiness upon the two of you. I’ve been around for too long to witness the pretence of people. I can no longer differentiate acting from true love. I make you undergo sufferings because only hardships can prove one’s love. Don’t blame me for this. If you really love, you must first learn to let go…
----------

Junsu had his left hand entwined to Li Yin’s as he used his other to snap their pictures. “Why are you taking so many photos today? Did you ask me to dress up like some idiot just so you can take my ridiculous-looking photos?” Li Yin pouted. Junsu felt a tug at his heart as a lump formed in his throat. Swallowing hard, Junsu flashed his grin. “I can blackmail you into marrying me in the future!” Junsu waved the stack of photos victoriously. Li Yin bared her teeth menacingly as she chased Junsu around the park. ‘Sorry, Li Yin. I’m sorry for doing this to you. I just gave you hope again, didn’t I? I made you think that I will marry you…’

Li Yin laid her head on Junsu’s lap as she looked through the photographs. “Why are they all on me only? There’s hardly one we took together. Let’s take one together~” Li Yin whined. Junsu stroked her face, trying to memorise each and every little detail about Li Yin. “Sure, let’s take one.” Junsu helped Li Yin up and positioned the Polaroid before them. “Three, two, one. Smile!” the camera flashed and a photograph slid out. Li Yin wanted to look at the picture, but Junsu shook his head. Positioning the camera again, he took another shot of them both. “Now we have two. One for you, one for me.” Junsu smiled as he passed one to Li Yin who accepted happily. ‘Li Yin, please remain smiling even after I leave… because you look really breathtaking when you smile.’



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2