<body>
Sunday, February 22, 2009 @ 10:14 AM




Chapter 30: The Start
Suggested song/music: Heaven - Jang Ri In
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWygxmIg9jI)
===
Ri In opened her eyes slightly as she shivered. The air conditioner in the car has been facing her the entire journey back. “Switch off the air conditioner. Don’t you drive a convertible? Use the natural wind instead!” Ri In snapped.
“How did you know I drive a convertible?” Junsu eyed her questioningly. “You’re not a stalker, are you?”
“Stalker, my foot. Pull over. I want something from that shop!” Ri In pointed out of the window. “Get it for me. I want grilled duck butt.” what Ri In said made Junsu gape at her. Did she just order him like he was her servant? Does she treat him as a servant?
“Don’t make me ask twice.” much as Junsu was reluctant to obey, he got out of the car. Something in Ri In’s voice made him want to get the grilled meat for her. Something… he don’t know what is it.

Junsu’s thought returned to seven months ago, on a faithful night Li Yin shouted loudly for help as he watched the shopkeeper grill the meat he asked for…

“Junsu! Duck butt! Save me!” Junsu heard Li Yin’s shouts as he ran up the long stretch of stairs. Darned stairs, why were they built so long? It’s a bad design, curse the designer!

“Mister? Mister, your grilled duck butt is ready!” the shopkeeper shook Junsu roughly. Jerking, Junsu stood up immediately and paid for his purchases. The packet of grilled meat in his arm, it warmed his body instantly. However, the packet of piping hot meat also iced his heart as it reminded him of Li Yin’s nickname for him. “Will I ever hear you call me Duck Butt again?”

Driving up to the gate, Junsu glanced at Ri In. She seemed pretty contented with what she is munching on. He can’t believe he allowed her to eat on the car. It was not his car, but still, he’s always thought it disrespectful to the car for eating on it. Without as much as a word of thanks for the hard work, Ri In stepped out of the car and went into the building without turning her head back. Sighing, Junsu pulled the car out of the driveway and made his way home. Throughout the drive back, all was on his mind was how to get the match make dinner over and done with.

“Smile! If the other party complains that you’ve been keeping a straight face the whole of dinner, I’ll make sure you never set foot out of the house again!” Junsu frowned at his mother’s face on the screen of the monitor in his convertible. “Smile! Why are you frowning at your mother? I don’t owe you anything, so don’t act like I owe you!” Mrs Kim screeched. Irritated, Junsu reached over and switched the monitor off. He did not want any match make dinner with any well-to-do lady. She’s probably just a gold-digger anyway. No women in her right mind would attend a match make dinner with marriage in mind. Unless it’s a lowdown cash-fisher, of course. Shaking his head, he pulled over and got out of the car. Looking up at the signboard of the restaurant, he smiled bitterly. “Why is everything happening today related to you somehow?”

Making his way into the restaurant, he spotted the lady sitting alone in the booked restaurant, her back facing him. “Here so early? Can’t wait to get her hands on my money I suppose.” following behind the waiter’s lead, Junsu entertained the negative thoughts which were brewing in his mind. The waiter bowed slightly and held out his hand in the lady’ direction. Smirking, he walked up to her and took the seat opposite her. “You’re pretty early. Can’t wait to-” his sentence, however, got cut off when his sight rested upon the lady.

Ri In smiled at Junsu’s shocked face. “Small world indeed, Kim Junsu. I heard your mother made a deal with my father a few months ago for us to get married once you’ve completed your studies overseas. Guess you must’ve been really desperate for marriage huh. Either that, or you’re worried no lady would want you?” Ri In sipped from the glass of water. Junsu stared at her the whole time, unable to reply to any of Ri In’s remarks. She look really similar to her… really similar…

Ha! I figured just as much. I purposely had on light make up tonight, totally Li Yin’s style. The gown I have on right now is also similar to the one I wore when we first met during the match make dinner seven months ago, at this very same restaurant, Les Dieux de l'Est s'élèvent. How do you feel now? How do you feel when you think of Zhang Li Yin? How do you feel when a person completely different from Zhang Li Yin is looking so similar to her?

“Why are you stalking me?! Own up, you’ve been stalking me all these while haven’t you?! For the past seven months, eyeing my every move and noting Li Yin’s appearance and preferences in clothing and make up. What do you want exactly?!” Junsu shouted at Ri In agitatedly.
“What do you think I want?” Ri In appeared a lot more composed despite his sudden outburst.
“Money? How much are you after? How much do I have to pay before you leave me alone?! Wait. This is all arranged by you, isn’t it? You took the chance when Yoochun’s agency was just set up to get in and grow close to him. You made use of my long absence from Korea to get into my mother’s good books so she would arrange for me to marry you. Am I right?!” Junsu banged his fists on the table and jumped up. Meanwhile, Ri In bit hard onto her lower lip as she stood up as well. Matching up to Junsu’s intense glare, Ri In made sure to spit each and every word clearly into his face. “I, Jang Ri In, am no gold-digger. Nor am I a foolish sheep you can punch twice!”



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2