<body>
Sunday, February 22, 2009 @ 10:06 AM




Chapter 18: You CAN’T do this!
Suggested song/music: No Regrets - Noblesse ft Beige
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wehPrqQYEiY)
===
“I’m sorry for not introducing myself to you earlier. I am the person Ye Seul went on a match make dinner with. I’m Park Yoochun of Park Holdings.” Yoochun stood up and bowed to Mrs Han.
“I guessed just as much! You’re interested in marrying my daughter?” Mrs Han didn’t even waste time on beating around the bush. “She’s a spendthrift, and can be feisty at times.” Yoochun nodded to each of Mrs Han’s sentences. A few hours with Ye Seul derived him at the same conclusion. With a brilliant smile on her face, Mrs Han clapped her hands around Yoochun’s and shook it vigorously. “I thought my daughter will never be able to get married! Thank you so much for taking pity on my daughter!”

“We have arranged for you to have your studies furthered in the US. When you get your doctorate, you will return to help with the family business.” Mr Kim looked sternly at Junsu who had his mouth hanging open at the sudden news.
“Junsu! Close your mouth and swallow your food like a good boy with manners!” Mrs Kim screeched. It’s pretty obvious where Junsu got his dolphin voice from.
“Dad, you can’t! I… I can’t speak English and I’ve got no friends there!” Junsu protested with all the reasons he could possibly come up with.
“It’s time you grow up from being a sheltered little plant.” Mr Kim stood up from the table. “I will hear no more from you about this matter. I will not change what I have decided upon.” Junsu wallowed in self pity as his parents walked away from the dining room. Mr Kang who was by his side the whole time enveloped everything. Much as he wanted the Young Master to live his life the way he wants to, he is the Young Master with great responsibilities. “There is no Li Yin there…” Junsu whispered. “No Li Yin to divert me from the black and white anymore…”

Music playing softly in the car, it was perfect for a nap. Hankyung glance at Hee Bon whenever he stopped the car before the red lights. She looks so gentle when she’s sleeping. “Isn’t she afraid that I might do something to her? I might just sell her for money. Isn’t she afraid of me?” Hankyung smiled as he caressed her hair gently. Quickly withdrawing his hand as Hee Bon stirred, he held his breath, afraid of waking her up. Seeing that she settled back into her sleep, Hankyung let out the air he has been holding onto. “You look beautiful when you’re dressed casually instead of in office wear”

“What?!” Ye Seul nearly choked on her tea. “Me, marry him?!” she pointed a finger at Yoochun.
“Ye Seul, don’t point at your fiancé! I’ll meet his parents sometime soon to arrange your marriage with him.” Mrs Han forced her own decisions onto Ye Seul.
“Stop manipulating my life because I’m not a chess piece! You can’t marry me off to this flirt!” Ye Seul stood up agitatedly. “I had enough of your decisions. You interfere with everything I do! When will I get to decide for myself? When?!” Ye Seul’s eyes glistened as she turned and ran off. Yoochun placed a reassuring hand on Mrs Han’s shoulder and gave it a light squeeze. “Don’t worry, she loves me too much to not marry me. She’s just shocked. I will talk to her.” having gotten approval from Mrs Han’s nod, Yoochun stood up to chase after the runaway princess…

“Seul, just agree to the marriage.” Yoochun sat on the bench beside Ye Seul. Remaining silent, Ye Seul stared into the night sky. “You want freedom, then marry me. Your parents can’t control you after marriage. You can make your own decisions, you’ll spend your life as you wish to.”
“I just want family love again. No manipulations, only actions out of love.” Ye Seul lowered her gaze to the grass patch.
“Your mother wants only the best for you. She loves you, just in a wrong way. Only a phone call occasionally, hardly having a chance to meet them once a year due to their work overseas, can you feel family love from this? Compared to me, you’re a lot luckier. You get to see your mother the very least. All I receive are phone calls telling me to do this and that. Ye Seul, you’re loved.” Yoochun leaned his head on her shoulder. “Do you understand, Ye Seul? You’re loved.”

“Li Yin… Sailorstar, what do I do now?” Junsu threw himself onto his bed hardly. “Li Yin, can you tell me what to do? I can’t go against their wishes, but I don’t want to leave you behind… my Sailorstar…” Junsu nearly ripped his pillow apart from pulling onto it with such strength. Clambering off his bed, he reached towards his table and pulled opened a drawer. Taking out the envelope, he spilled the photos Zhang Xiong given him onto the table. When he gotten home that day, Mr Kang passed the envelope to him. He had picked up each and every photo scattered on the floor on behalf of Junsu. Staring at the photos, he felt only anger then. Now, he’s just grateful for having these photos. “My little Sailorstar… Li Yin the Sailorstar…” his pressed his finger against Li Yin’s face on the photo. A tear rolled down his face and wetted the photos. Brushing his hand roughly against his face, he wiped away the traces of crying and immediately dabbed a tissue at the photos. “I must become stronger for Li Yin. And this meant no crying. I’m a man…”

Slotting the photos into a album, Junsu held the album close to his body. The album full of his beloved Li Yin. Looking at the photos, he realized that Li Yin must like strawberry ice cream. “See, Li Yin. I managed to find out just by looking at your photographs. I’m an attentive boy, your attentive boy!” Mr Kang shook his head at the Young Master who is mumbling to himself. Looks like Young Master is completely smitten with the Li Yin girl. She will have a huge impact on Young Master’s actions. “Young Master, you must let go of her.” he voiced out his thoughts.
“I know.” Junsu rasped. “That’s what I will do.”
“You will?!” Mr Kang said in astonishment. He thought he’d have a lot of persuading to do. Mr Kang looked at Junsu intently for confirmation.
“Yes, I will. I’m going to the US. The place without her…”



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2