<body>
Sunday, February 22, 2009 @ 9:49 AM




Chapter 1: No Other Choice
Suggested song/music: Fate’s Game - MC Jinri Ft HAHA
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88VbtE-NUxM)
===

“Li Yin…” Ye Seul suddenly had an extremely frightening expression. The smirk she wore told Li Yin that she was in for it this time.
“Uh oh. I got to go noooo…” Li Yin attempted to make a run for it, but Ye Seul grab on tightly onto her arm and dug her nails into it. Ye Seul took out her mobile phone and pressed a few buttons. Flashing a smile as she showed Li Yin a picture, Ye Seul knew Li Yin can’t possible turn down her request now…

“I got it! You!” Yoochun sprung up from his seat suddenly and grabbed Junsu by his shoulders. Junsu widened his eyes in shock and curiosity. Raising an eyebrow, it was his signal for Yoochun to continue his sentence.
“You will stand in for me at the matchmaking session!” Yoochun felt as if a heavy load has been taken off his shoulders. Junsu had his mouth slightly open at what Yoochun just announced. “I just know I can count on you, right? My best buddy!” Yoochun knew there was no way Junsu can turn him down after what he said. As Junsu nodded his head slowly, Yoochun revealed a satisfied smile. “Now for some partying! Don’t let the pretty girls here go to waste…”

Li Yin sulked as Ye Seul placed another outfit in front of Li Yin and shook her head. Ye Seul, her supposedly best friend and first person who treated her well since she came to Korea is now threatening her into a matchmaking session. More accurately put, it is to stand in for her in the matchmaking session. Li Yin made a mental note to never fall asleep in front of Ye Seul again. And especially not to drool in her sleep. She cannot afford having another photo of herself drooling in her sleep on Ye Seul’s phone.

***

“Remember to smile, Li Yin. Smile.” Ye Seul pulled on both of Li Yin’s cheeks and tried to stretch it into a smile. “You have to act like me. Rich, glamorous, and pretty.”
“I’m not rich, not glamorous, not pretty. I’m not you.” Li Yin scowled, receiving another round of screeching and squealing from Ye Seul to remain elegant and to look appealing. “I’m Zhang Li Yin, the daughter of a gambler who landed himself in a pool of debts. I’m keeping two jobs and struggling to make ends meet. I am not Han Ye Seul, the daughter of the rich and famous Han Family. I absolutely don’t know how to act like you.” Li Yin said matter-of-factly.
“You’ve hung around me long enough to know my habits and character. You can do it.” Ye Seul smiled as she put on Li Yin’s clothes. She has to act exactly like Li Yin now, or else the servants in her house would recognize the two and thwart her perfect plan.

“Just pretend to be really rude to her. That’ll probably keep her away.” Yoochun reminded as Junsu drove them towards the restaurant the matchmaking session is going to take place at.
“I’m trained since young to be respectful and helpful.” Junsu rolled his eyes. He had absolutely no interest in Yoochun’s affairs. He is doing him this favor now only because Yoochun, his childhood playmate needs his help desperately.
“Just not for today.” Yoochun pointed to the restaurant they are nearing. “This is the restaurant. Les Dieux de l'Est s'élèvent.”

“Les Dieux de l'Est s'élèvent?” Li Yin raised an eyebrow at Ye Seul.
“It’s French for Rising Gods of the East.” Ye Seul explained. “I’ve placed everything you’ll need inside the handbag you’re carrying now. Good luck, and thanks!” Ye Seul hugged Li Yin and waved. Li Yin sighed and turned towards the restaurant. Taking a deep breath, Li Yin sucked in her tummy as Ye Seul had instructed. Having corrected her posture, Li Yin walked in through the heavy wooden doors.

Pretending to be Ye Seul isn’t easy. Struggling to maintain my posture, I followed behind a waiter who led me to a table. The guy who I assume must be Ye Seul’s date stood up and pulled out the chair for me, a gentle smile on his face. He settled opposite me after making sure I was properly seated.
“Nice to meet you, Miss… uh…” a slight frown appeared on his face.
“I’m Zhang Li Yin.” this guy didn’t even know the name of his date? That’s a minus!
“Nice to meet you, Miss Li Yin. I’m Kim Junsu.” he introduced himself with the smile still on his face. By now, I can tell that it was a fake smile he is wearing. Anyway, Kim Junsu? Was that supposed to be his name? “Kim Junsu? I remember it being chun something. Yalchun?” I questioned. Was I imagining things? I thought I saw him flinch.
“You must be mistaken. It’s Junsu.” his struggled to force a smile. Something’s not right here. This guy is acting extremely weird.

‘I must be stupid! First I forgot to ask Yoochun for her name, and now I made a mistake of giving her my real name. This isn’t good.’ Junsu thought as he drowned his glass of plain water nervously. The matchmaking session has only just started, and it is already ruined. Junsu shook his head as he thought of what might possibly happen during the dinner.

Li Yin stabbed at her chicken restlessly. It is a chore to maintain a straight back and take in her food in small bite sized pieces. ‘Waste of energy, waste of time. Ye Seul is going to owe me one! I missed out on today’s job all because of her.’ Li Yin snuck a peek at the guy. He’s consuming his dinner without even glancing at herself. ‘Rude guy. A big fat minus!’



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2