<body>
Tuesday, June 9, 2009 @ 6:28 PM




Chapter 20: Sleep Talking
Suggested song/music: Wanting You - Seo In Young
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LrWVkTNin0)

From the pile of clothes on the chair, xiaoxi struggled to retrieve her own belongings to throw into her luggage. She had left her house in such a hurry that she had not brought much of her own belongings here. Most of what she uses currently are brought after she has moved in to live with Yunho and Li Yin, and she has trouble identifying half of her belongings. In her frantic midst to grab whatever she thinks belongs to her, the front door clicked open, signaling either Yunho or Li Yin or both has returned home. Letting out a frustrated sigh, xiaoxi snapped her luggage shut and quickly hid behind the door.

Checking that the coast is clear, xiaoxi tiptoed out of the room she shared with Li Yin. The sudden clattering of a plate sent her dashing for the pillar. Li Yin cursed in mandarin before bending over to pick up the broken pieces of the plate. Grabbing hold of her chance, xiaoxi immediately made for the front door. Just as she pulled open the door, she felt another force pushing open the door from the opposite direction. A gasp escaped her mouth as she got caught red-handed.

“Where are you going with your luggage?” Yunho eyed xiaoxi’s luggage. “You’re not thinking about running away, are you?”
“So what if I am? I’m a jinx, you should just let me leave before I inflict any injuries on you!” perhaps if xiaoxi hadn’t been so oblivious to her surroundings, she would’ve noticed that Yunho was reeking of alcohol, and that Li Yin has passed out in the kitchen from being drunk.
“You’re not going to just leave me to face everything by myself are you? You can’t just leave me like this…” Yunho started to slur his words, rocking forwards and backwards slightly. Suddenly, he leaned in and planted a kiss on xiaoxi’s cheek. Shocked, xiaoxi gathered all her strength to push the man away. Yunho collapsed onto the floor with a ‘thud’, showing no signs of being awake.

Panting heavily after pulling the blanket over Li Yin securely, xiaoxi swaggered back to the living room for Yunho. “What sins have I committed in my past life, to be a jinx and to have to take care of two drunks.” xiaoxi muttered as she pulled Yunho to the couch. Inhaling deeply, she heaved Yunho up the couch and slid onto the floor herself, her legs giving way almost instantly. A cold hand suddenly wrapped itself around her hand, pulling her in its direction. Yunho was pulling her towards him! Shocked, xiaoxi attempted to pry off Yunho’s hand. “Don’t… hate me… please forgive me…”

“Please forgive me, Li Yin-ah. I didn’t mean to just run away. I wanted to help you, but I was too afraid… call me a coward, but don’t hate me, please?” knowing that Yunho was probably talking in his sleep, xiaoxi heaved a sigh of relief. “If I could save you from that bastard, I would… because you saved me from being beaten to death… but I’m a coward, I can only run away when that bastard wanted to rape you… I’m sorry, Li Yin…” what Yunho said next caused xiaoxi to nearly choke on her saliva. She waited patiently for Yunho to continue his sentence, but he appeared to have fallen asleep.

Xiaoxi is badly shaken by what she just heard. And if you remember, she tends to grab for random things around the place when she’s shocked. In her attempt to pacify her leaping heart, xiaoxi reached for Yunho’s shirt. It was the only thing she could see since she was facing him. It is rude to tug at a sleeping man’s shirt, but she did so anyway. Her fingers closed around the cotton material tightly, her hands balled into a tight fist. As she listened to Yunho’s rhythmic breathing, her thumping heart slowly got in sync with it. Her eyelids grew heavy and the last thing she remember was leaning against Yunho’s shoulder…

----------

Dear Guigui,

This is probably one of the most shocking days of my life, excluding the day you left me… I’ve never imagined that a girl like Li Yin would be hearing impaired. Hearing impaired?! This is too much. You think so too don’t you? Somehow, when I saw that helpless look on her face, I had the strongest urge to protect her. What is coming over me, Guigui? Am I just seeing her as a close friend? Or maybe… don’t tell me it’s time for you to leave me…

----------

Smiling widely at Junsu, Guigui winked affectionately. “好久不见了, 俊秀~ (Long time no see, Junsu~)”
Junsu rubbed his eyes repeatedly, but the image did not disappear. The girl he has been yearning for so much is now standing before him, calling out to him with her sweet voice, her cutesy image brought out by the bright pink overalls she was wearing. A wet, colorless liquid trickled down his cheeks as he recognised the overalls as the same one she was buried in. The lump which has formed in his throat forbidden him to talk to her. ‘终于肯见我了… (Finally willing to see me…)’ Junsu screamed mentally. ‘终于… (Finally…)’

They walked along side by side, aimlessly in the ‘white square’. Yes, they were walking in a white square. It was like a white room except for that fact that this white square had no boundaries to it. “I’m glad that you know it’s time for me to leave you.” Guigui’s voice was so soft it was near whisper.
“Why? We promised to be together forever. I even changed my appearance and character so that nobody would notice me. This way I would forever be yours to keep.” Junsu grew slightly agitated, but kept his voice at a reasonable volume.
“The promise was broken when I passed away. What you’ve done is just to delude yourself. You know we can never be together again.”
“Why?! Aren’t we seeing each other now? Aren’t we together now? The reason I can’t see you is because you refuse to appear!”
“The reason why I refuse to appear is because I want you to move on! I need to move on too…”



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2