<body>
Monday, February 8, 2010 @ 5:00 PM




Chapter 12: The Heart
Suggested song/music: Farewell - Hero Jaejoong
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIZ8O9hLkpk)

Knocking briefly before entering, You Tian found Jun Xiu staring at the night sky with an expressionless face. “You’ll fall sick if you stay at the balcony without a jacket.” Jun Xiu jumped slightly and turned around to face the owner of the voice. Treating the room as his own, You Tian didn’t hesitate to invite himself to settle on the comfortable couch. Grinning at Jun Xiu, he pointed to the empty space beside himself. “Aren’t you gonna sit down and chat with your guest?”

Sitting crossed-legged at the furthest end of the couch, Jun Xiu remained a straight face and kept his gaze fixed at the coffee table. You Tian fidgeted awkwardly before clearing his throat to speak. “Let’s become friends!” Jun Xiu whipped his head around sharply in surprise. You Tian smiled in reply and glanced at him with an expression Jun Xiu was so familiar with… there was a lonely shadow cast over You Tian’s eyes, and looking into his eyes seem to remind himself of looking into a mirror. The same loneliness in his own pair of eyes whenever he sees his reflection in the mirror… why is that same loneliness in You Tian’s eyes?

“Before I was adopted into Xuan Na’s family, I suffered all alone because my parents abandoned me. Because I had no money, I ate leftovers dumped into the bin. Because I looked filthy, nobody dared to even walk near to me. Because I no longer have a home, I had to seek refuge under bridges and slept on the streets. I was abandoned because my family was too poor to raise another child. I would often wonder why my parents gave birth to me in the first place if they can’t afford to bring me up.” You Tian sighed as he narrated his childhood. “I even tried to steal bread because I was so hungry. I got beaten up instead though.” You Tian laughed dryly at his pathetic past. Meanwhile, Jun Xiu remained silent as he wondered how much more of You Tian does he not know and understand.

“I had no friends nor do I have any relatives. Xuan Na’s father was my lifesaver when I nearly gave up on my life. He appeared and took me in, gave me a place to call home and people to label as family. That’s why I’m always very grateful to him.” happiness started to fill You Tian’s eyes. “I’m willing to be your friend. I understand how lonely you are because I’ve been abandoned before. Although I don’t know why you’re ostracized, I’m willing to be your friend and share some happiness with you.”
It has been a long time since someone offered to be Jun Xiu’s friend voluntarily. You Tian’s simple actions has not only touched Jun Xiu and crumbled the fence he built around himself, Jun Xiu also saw the reason why Xuan Na chose You Tian over himself. You Tian was much kinder and braver. And he deserves Xuan Na’s love more than anyone else on earth.

“If you see me as a friend, then believe that I will assist you and Xuan Na in pursuing your happiness.” Jun Xiu finally revealed some emotions on his face. “The future is very tough, but I’m sure you’re capable of bringing happiness to Xuan Na.” Jun Xiu made a bold decision. Even if his own heart will be bleeding again, it makes no difference since his heart is already badly ripped up. Unlike him, You Tian has a chance to pursue true happiness with the one he love. Even if his own heart will bleed to death, he want to do his best to protect others from suffering like he did…

Stepping into the Jin mansion, Chang Min remained expressionless as he went upstairs to the guest room which his fiancée was supposed to stay in. Min Zhi was about to approach her brother when Zai Zhong stopped her. Shaking his head lightly, Zai Zhong told her to give Chang Min have some time alone to sort out his emotions. Wen Xuan tapped him on the shoulder briefly and extended her hand. In her hand was a cup of tea. “Drinking this should freshen you up after that long stay in the hospital.” Wen Xuan said shyly. She was not talkative to begin with, neither has she been in contact with many of the opposite sex. Suddenly, an idea popped into Min Zhi’s mind. If she brings this two people together, she might also be able to bring some joy to the current mood.

Excusing herself from the kitchen, Min Zhi hid behind the pillar to eavesdrop on Zai Zhong and Wen Xuan. “Pardon my rudeness, but you don’t seem very sad about Young Mistress Jin’s death…” Zai Zhong spoke his mind immediately.
“But will I be able to bring her back if I wallow in sadness too? Rather than being depressed like everyone else, I’d rather bring them out of their grief.” Wen Xuan smiled ever-so-gently at him. For a split second, Zai Zhong thought his heart would stop beating as he drowned in the abyss of her eyes. Jolting back into reality, he faked a cough in awkwardness and quickly gulped down the cup of tea he has been holding onto.

Squatting beside the water pipe, Xuan Na rubbed her hands together to create friction and heat. At her feet were the wet clothings which You Tian had shed after returning to the mansion from the sea. Scrubbing the shirt, Xuan Na’s heart felt warm although her hands were freezing. If she has the ability to stop time, she would have time to stop right now, because she might never have another chance to express her feelings for You Tian so freely and openly. Squeezing the water out of the shirt, she pulled it free of wrinkles. No words can express the blissfulness she felt currently.

Pulling the curtain close, Chang Min stopped himself from the rude act of spying on Xuan Na - not that he was doing it on purpose since the room overlooked the garden where she was washing You Tian‘s clothes. He sighed as he opened up Yu Bin’s luggage. She has yet to unpack, and she already left him… Chang Min pounded on his own chest lightly, wondering why his heart felt so empty. Does the departure of a loved one cause hearts to feel empty? Or perhaps Yu Bin forgot to return his heart to him before leaving. After all, he has handed over his entire heart to her…

A/N
this chapter wasnt titled 'The Heart' for nothing! eveyone's heart felt a little something for each other, be it pitiness, blissfulness or emptiness. Did your heart feel something too while reading this chapter? ;D
xiaoxi,loves.

NEXT UPDATE
Date: 18 February 2010

Simple time conversion table:
Singapore Time 17:00
Seoul Time 18:00
Chicago Time 03:00
Paris Time 10:00
Seattle Time 01:00



back to the TOP / Comments: 2

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2