<body>
Thursday, May 5, 2011 @ 7:00 PM




Chapter 8: Painful Promises

Jolting awake, Sohee found herself in the warmth of her bed and blanket. “When did I get home?” Sohee sat up and tried to recall what happened. She was having a talk with Yunho on the swings. A talk with Yunho – where is Yunho then? Sohee got out of bed and wandered out of the room. Nearing the staircase, she could hear two voices conversing.

“What will you do if the whole world opposes to us? What if they can’t accept YunJae being real? I know we have quite a handful of YunJae fans, but what about those that can’t accept us?” Yunho’s eyes fluttered open when he heard Jaejoong’s question. The same questions that he couldn’t answer Sohee. His gaze remained fixed on Jaejoong for a long time. Neither spoke a single word. Sohee could see them in full view and hear their conversation clearly from where she was standing.

Yunho gazed longingly at Jaejoong with pain, uncertainty and confusion mixed in his eyes. Jaejoong reached his trembling hand out to caress Yunho’s cheek. It was like as if they had communicated through their gaze. Jaejoong could see the uncertainty that Yunho had about their future. And because of that uncertainty, he could not give Jaejoong a confirmation. That pained him. His love for Jaejoong is blazing, but he could not do anything to have the world accept their relationship. And the last thing he wanted was to give Jaejoong a love that has not blessed by everyone. Because Jaejoong is so valuable to him, he should be given only the best. Someone flawless like Jaejoong should have a perfect life with his lover. He shouldn’t have to be put under scrutiny.

Jaejoong held onto Yunho’s hand tightly, understanding everything that Yunho communicated through his eyes. Tears flowed down his porcelain cheeks as he struggled to let his thoughts be known. “It doesn’t matter… I’m strong as long as I have you by my side. You’re all I need. Those people don’t know anything about us. They are not the ones directing our love, so why should we bother with them?” Yunho tenderly wiped those tears away. “I was hesitant about our future. I couldn’t be tough like I usually am as DBSK’s leader. Are you okay with that? Can you settle for me that am feeling so unsure? I might just give up any minute and leave you. Are you fine with a love so doubtful?”
Jaejoong nodded his head firmly. He knew that his heart has already been unlocked for Yunho, and he has lost his key to open up his heart again to let him out or allow another to enter.

Covering her mouth so her sobs wouldn’t be heard, Sohee felt her legs giving way beneath her as she collapsed on the floor. She has been holding onto hope that Yunho would return to her side. But right now, his heart is thoroughly filled with Jaejoong, leaving no gaps for her to wedge in. Clutching onto the pendent hanging around her neck, she closed her eyes painfully to remember the promise that they had made together.

***************
“When we grow up, I will marry you for sure! Even if you can’t return, I will go find you, so you must wait for me!” they hooked their pinkies together to seal the promise. Revealing a pink pendent, he placed it around her neck and secured it. “I brought this with the money I made working part-time. This isn’t very expensive or fancy, but this is brought with my own abilities. With my own abilities, I will also work hard so we can have a good life when we get married!”
***************

“Jaejoong, I promise to fight harder for our relationship to be accepted. Just lend me your strength at any time when I feel tired, okay?” Jaejoong nodded enthusiastically. “Shall we hook pinkies to seal our promise?” Yunho held up his pinkie with a childish grin. Chuckling, Jaejoong held out his pinkie and hooked it with Yunho’s. Witnessing them pledge their love and future, Sohee slowly dragged her feet back to her room. Pulling the necklace off forcefully in one swipe, Sohee caressed the surface of the pendent that she treasured over the years. “I never forgot our promise. I came back. But you forgot. You fell in love with Kim Jaejoong and forgot about me. You forgot about our promise.”

Sohee spent the whole night typing away on her laptop. The deadline is drawing near, and she has to complete her novel. This is her first publication in Korea and no delays shall be tolerated. However, even her passion for writing can’t curb the heartache she felt. As she got through the chapters, her heart throbbed more painfully. Her first and only love that she always remembered as young and innocent is now causing her immense pain. Sohee’s typing speed increased dramatically to match up to her overflowing emotions poured into the novel. Although she had planned on a happy ending after the reunion, it is now impossible.

Running upstairs to get a change of clothes, Yunho was surprised to find Sohee awake and typing on her laptop. Unsure of how he should go about greeting her, he awkwardly made his way to the wardrobe to get his clothes while throwing a few glances at her. Sohee’s focus remained fixed on her laptop and never once looked in his direction. Picking out what he wanted, Yunho was about to leave the room when he notice something similar to a cut on her neck. “Are you injured?” he shifted closer to get a better look and gasped when the wound was in full view. “How did you get injured? Did you yank off your necklace?” he noticed the blood-stained necklace beside the laptop. He froze when Sohee finally looked at him with her swollen eyes – aftereffects from crying.

After making a lunch date and seeing Jaejoong out the door, Yunho went to get the first aid kit. Sohee remained seated where he had told her to, waiting silently for him to return while clutching onto the necklace. “What were you thinking? If you couldn’t remove it you should just ask for help and not tug it off.” Yunho nagged as he worked on the wound. “What if there’s an infection?”
“Are you concerned about me right now?”
“What are you talking about?” Yunho was caught off guard by her words. “I mean, we do live together so we should look out for each other. We can’t always be ignoring each other.”
“You’re the one ignoring me all these while. I’ve been trying to get closer to you, but you run further when I try to get even a little closer.”
“That’s because you tricked me into this marriage! How long more are we going to continue like this anyway? You know I have–”
“Don’t pity me. Don’t show your kindness to me.” Sohee stopped his hand that was sticking a plaster on her neck. “If you want me to let go, then you can’t do this.”

Fixing the plaster on her own, Sohee passed the necklace to Yunho. “Put this on for me.” Although bewildered, he did as he was told. ‘Exactly the same as when he put this on me for the first time…’ Sohee thought bitterly. Yunho felt his head throbbing again as he struggled to clasp on the necklace. When he finally let go after it was done, Yunho massaged his temples furiously with a frown. Holding onto the pendent, Sohee looked at him worriedly. “Are you alright?”
“Didn’t you say not to show you kindness? Then don’t bother about me too much too.” Yunho said nonchalantly.
“Fine by me. Just as I thought, it’s not the same at all anyway.” Sohee pulled a smile and suppressed the tears in her eyes as she lied.

A/N
A real fast update! :D
I will try to update once a week. Let's make this a promise okay? And hope it wont turn out like a painful promise i cant keep xD
Please drop me a comment if you enjoyed this chapter! :D
xiaoxi,loves.



back to the TOP / Comments: 0

Welcome

Welcome to REMINISCING-PANDORA. This site was opened on 9 OCT 2007 and has been under the care of xiaoxi ever since it was born.
eyeballs(s) viewing now!




Navigations

Author ProfileUpdatesStories AvailableSubscribeAffiliationAffies' GiftsDownloadables


Disclaimer

Creative Commons License
This Story Blog by xiaoxi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Singapore License.

Read more HERE.


Chatbox

This cbox is only for chatting.
Drop your chapter comments under the comment button at the end of each post (below banner).


[ Chat Full Size ]


Credits

Designer: xiaoxi
Images: Phebs
Hosts: 1 2